A&S

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Oct 30, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Last one - smartly done:

Those are some terrific mannequins. The Sciamat style, though, really comes into its own on real human beings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Italiannay. (there's one in every country):

[​IMG]

- B

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Bull, you say things like "sexy construction" or "flawlessly-executed" or "smartly done" when describing Sciamat, but I don't see how you can possibly judge construction or craftsmanship in these off-color, low-resolution, mannequin photos. Thus, I can't help but think you've simply gotten drunk on Sciamat's self-romanticizing ad campaign.

I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, I don't think it's a stretchj to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

I like to believe that Bull has seen and handled Sciamat in person, which would explain the bandaged hands.

- B

4. edmorel

I like to believe that Bull has seen and handled Sciamat in person, which would explain the bandaged hands.

- B

Sciamat's or Bull's?

5. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Those are some terrific mannequins. The Sciamat style, though, really comes into its own on real human beings:

[​IMG]

Even if they tailored a million suits fit for Jesus, it would not be enough to compensate for the ugliness they anally raped the universe with when they unleashed this abortion.

I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

They might be well-made--I don't know. But based on the photos I've seen here, I don't see how you could possibly tell. At the same distance and to the same level of detail, a Banana Republic suit would look no worse.

6. edmorel

They might be well-made--I don't know. But based on the photos I've seen here, I don't see how you could possibly tell. At the same distance and to the same level of detail, a Banana Republic suit would look no worse.

it would be impossible to make a BR jacket look like this, no matter how good of a photog. you use. You look at this, at the lapel buttonhole, the curve of the lapels, the breast patch pocket, the shoulders, and think that it can be BR? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I remember a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when this thread used to be about Anderson & Sheppard.

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I remember a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when this thread used to be about Anderson & Sheppard.

Who?

- B

9. edmorel

it still is (and about Manton), it's gone meta though, so you need to read between the lines.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

it would be impossible to make a BR jacket look like this, no matter how good of a photog. you use. You look at this, at the lapel buttonhole, the curve of the lapels, the breast patch pocket, the shoulders, and think that it can be BR? [​IMG]

Isn't this the new Rubinacci-by-Luca RTW line that is about to come out?

[​IMG]

- B

11. Bull

Bull Senior member

They have ads?

+1

And I won't take the bait. You're a small man, Foofster.

12. mafoofan

it would be impossible to make a BR jacket look like this, no matter how good of a photog. you use. You look at this, at the lapel buttonhole, the curve of the lapels, the breast patch pocket, the shoulders, and think that it can be BR? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Clearly, the Sciamat buttonhole is much better made and a lot sexier. As for the lapels, breast pocket, and shoulders--you are free to like what you like, but I fail to see how the style of these things says anything about how well they are made.

13. mafoofan

+1 And I won't take the bait. You're a small man, Foofster.
    Dude, you constantly criticize others for dressing like old men without being able to articulate your reasons for thinking so, only to post photos of Sciamat suits and jackets that you claim are mana from heaven. You invited the scrutiny. And if you don't think Sciamat itself has anything to do with all the identically styled photos of its work floating around the internet, I don't even know where to begin.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Dude, you constantly criticize others for dressing like old men without being able to articulate your reasons for thinking so, only to post photos of Sciamat suits and jackets that you claim are mana from heaven. You invited the scrutiny.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

15. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

[​IMG]

This suit reminds me of Batman.