A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

This thread is mindblowing. Is it really 380 pages of "How do I size my APCs?" How about we talk about how fucked up the sizing of the outerwear is?

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

So I ordered some Petit Standard 29s because I measured where I like to wear my jeans at 33". 33 minus 2 for vanity minus 2 for stretch, I figured. They came in the mail today and I just tried them on and I could button them up fully. There's tension there but nothing like the stories of not being able to button up past the 2nd button and then ending up with the right fit.

SOOOO, I thought I should return them. Thing is I gots skinny legs and I'm wondering if going down to a 28 is gonna make my ridiculously long-skinnies look ridiculously long and skinny. I think I dig how the 29s look on my legs right now...I don't think it'll stretch that much, it's not super tight on the leg.

So do you think wearing a belt full time would minimize the stretch on these? Or am I just being a total b about this and should return 'em and get a 28.

I might be being a b.

my 28 ns stretched out to 34" on my 33" hips, but if you wear a belt you can minimize stretching.

thighs will stretch like an inch, calfs probably wont stretch much at all, unless they're tight there. so if you think you can go down another size in the legs, i probably would.

3. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

This thread is mindblowing. Is it really 380 pages of "How do I size my APCs?" How about we talk about how fucked up the sizing of the outerwear is?

Is it really that bad? I've never owned anything by A.P.C. other than New Standards. How does there outwear run? If I usually wear a small jacket should I buy small A.P.C.?

4. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

seriously. and why the fuck haven't they shipped my shit i got from the sale?!

5. jiang1646

jiang1646 Member

seriously. and why the fuck haven't they shipped my shit i got from the sale?!
    you may want to check with one more time because sometimes the website said in stock but actually the garment is out of stock in store

6. grouper

grouper Senior member

how does APC desert boot sizing go? i'm normally a US 10

7. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

how does APC desert boot sizing go? i'm normally a US 10

true

8. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

So I ordered some Petit Standard 29s because I measured where I like to wear my jeans at 33". 33 minus 2 for vanity minus 2 for stretch, I figured. They came in the mail today and I just tried them on and I could button them up fully. There's tension there but nothing like the stories of not being able to button up past the 2nd button and then ending up with the right fit.

SOOOO, I thought I should return them. Thing is I gots skinny legs and I'm wondering if going down to a 28 is gonna make my ridiculously long-skinnies look ridiculously long and skinny. I think I dig how the 29s look on my legs right now...I don't think it'll stretch that much, it's not super tight on the leg.

So do you think wearing a belt full time would minimize the stretch on these? Or am I just being a total b about this and should return 'em and get a 28.

I might be being a b.

my 28's stretched to 33" which is what i measured out a snug pair to be so they were perfect for me.

This is just by speculation and not experience but i think you should take into consideration the 2" vs 3" stretch by where you wear your jeans. i can see how if your jeans are worn closer to your actual waist, they would only stretch 2" even though APCs are capable of more. this also depends on the rise though because my 28 NS was on my true waist when i first got them and shit tight but the short rise had me trying to pull them down every so often so they eventually stretched out to be worn more on my hip like i like it.

so that being said, PS are meant to be a low rise jean if im not mistaken so i would think they would stretch at least 3" being on your hip area. also remember since your jeans are being worn more near your hips, when you squat down to pick something up or bend over, it will put more stress on the waist vs just standing around. if the jeans were on your true waist, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

so my bottom line is, PS = low rise jeans so you should get a tagged 28 to get a correct waist size. if your worried about the legs, maybe go for another fit. but also remember that APC might not give you the fit you like either, no matter what size or fit you get, something might also be off.

9. entrero

entrero Senior member

A slight break from retarded sizing questions/advices ...

We all know APC uses japanese denim, but I couldn't find anything specific about the supplier. It's surprising no-one cared to ask.

I heard from one source that APC sources from Pure Blue Japan. Can any1 confirm this?

10. connor

connor Senior member

thats false... i think APC denim is european

11. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

thats false... i think APC denim is european

No it's Japanese.

Truth. I had an APC trench from I believe 2 seasons ago in XS, measured like a slim M. Don't want to even talk about their shirts... you have the "man" shirts and in XS they fit like tents, then in the "boy" shirts or whatever, wear an XS and you can't even straighten your shoulders.

12. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

A slight break from retarded sizing questions/advices ...

We all know APC uses japanese denim, but I couldn't find anything specific about the supplier. It's surprising no-one cared to ask.

I heard from one source that APC sources from Pure Blue Japan. Can any1 confirm this?

PBJ denim is really slubby, APC denim is very smooth on the other hand. so that's pretty much impossible

13. sidewinder13

sidewinder13 Senior member

I really wanted to get a pair of NS but they only have large sizes in the store I went to yesterday. However they do have a size 28 PS which I tried on, and they fit well through the leg. Although they fit loose in the waist, it's not like it was going to fall off. And then I remembered about the 'downsizing' rule for APC's and decided against buying it. I normally wear Acne Max jeans, and I am a size 29 i this fit (before I was a 28, and then it seems like the sizes got a bit tighter on the Max - or I got a bit fatter..... for other brands, however, I am usually a 28). I'm just wondering if anyone has compared the fit of the Acne Max to the NS...

It sucks that the store I've been to doesn't really sell anything below 28. I'd have to buy them online for this reason. I'm just worried about sizing down to 26 - I feel uncomfortable just thinking about wearing them regularly for it to stretch without getting it all buttoned up.

14. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

Are there fake APCs?
    Just received a pair of black APCs new standard from a member on the forums.
    Tag says its made in china and it has a five button fly?
    The size tag seems to be off too. The pockets are squared too, not chamfered at the outer edge.
    Care tag is also of different material from the made in macau ones and located on the pocket.
    I paid for a size 32 APC Navy blue chinos, could this be the reason for the differences in details?

15. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Are there fake APCs?
    Just received a pair of black APCs new standard from a member on the forums.
    Tag says its made in china and it has a five button fly?
    The size tag seems to be off too. The pockets are squared too, not chamfered at the outer edge.
    Care tag is also of different material from the made in macau ones and located on the pocket.
    I paid for a size 32 APC Navy blue chinos, could this be the reason for the differences in details?

A lot of thier clothes have differnt tags ...i have 2 pair of NS one much older then the other and the tags are diifernt the front button and the number of fly buttons haha.