A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mm16

mm16 New Member

Bought a sz. 30 (normally a sz. 32) in February, stretched out way too much for me, i'm consistently pulling up my jeans. I'm now thinking about going 3-4 sizes down.

2. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

does anyone own the taupe colored PS from this season? I'm wondering about the actual waist size and the material/potential for stretching. Tia

3. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

does anyone own the taupe colored PS from this season? I'm wondering about the actual waist size and the material/potential for stretching. Tia
    check context. what city are you in?

4. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

Bought a sz. 30 (normally a sz. 32) in February, stretched out way too much for me, i'm consistently pulling up my jeans. I'm now thinking about going 3-4 sizes down.

the advice of "size down 2" is very misleading since all jeans are sized differently so sizing down 2 from one brand is different from sizing down 2 in another brand.

the best advice is to measure jeans that fit you snugly and -4 or -5 form that to get your tagged size. -5 for a slimmer fit. so if you measure 33" on your jeans that fit the way you like, get 28 for a slimmer fit and 29 for a looser fit.

personally i measured 33" on jeans i fit so i got a 28 which now measure 33" at the waist. i'll post fit pics sometime maybe if i get around to it.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

the advice of "size down 2" is very misleading since all jeans are sized differently so sizing down 2 from one brand is different from sizing down 2 in another brand.

the best advice is to measure jeans that fit you snugly and -4 or -5 form that to get your tagged size. -5 for a slimmer fit. so if you measure 33" on your jeans that fit the way you like, get 28 for a slimmer fit and 29 for a looser fit.

personally i measured 33" on jeans i fit so i got a 28 which now measure 33" at the waist. i'll post fit pics sometime maybe if i get around to it.

I think people should start learning to read back a few pages before asking a question, because I think you've answered this same question on each of the past like 5 pages.

6. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

I think people should start learning to read back a few pages before asking a question, because I think you've answered this same question on each of the past like 5 pages.

haha i know, i have. but i remember when i was trying to find out about sizing, it was hard to find the right info through the hundreds of pages. at least the more i post it, the less likely someone will make a mistake lol

7. hooya2

hooya2 Senior member

i have a 33" waist. picked up the 25 new cure, can almost get the bottom button on. what do you guys think, should I return them?

lol

8. swooc

swooc Senior member

^is there suppose to be a pic there? i have a 29" waist and bought a pair of 26 NC. i could only button the first button. no way in hell would i have stretched it enough to fit my waist. i was actually in denial for a while and ended up ripping the seams trying to button the top buttons.

the pair i bought wasn't vanity sized either. it measured 25" at the waist.

9. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

10. phong

phong Well-Known Member

The A.P.C. site is amazingly retarded...

Think I missed out on an item because the pages just stayed blank for some reason...

11. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

how to size PS?

i wear 30 in NS and 31 in NC.

waist is good on both, but the NS is too loose below knee and NC is too tight.

so should i get 30 or 31 in PS?

Go with 31.

12. Usul

Usul Senior member

13. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Does this look like fake A.P.C.? - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....T#ht_742wt_896 How can I tell? The seller seems okay but I noticed a few negative comments regarding authenticity.
    idk but ive never had any of my apc stuff come with price tags attached anyone have a fit picture of black NS or NC??

14. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

idk but ive never had any of my apc stuff come with price tags attached

anyone have a fit picture of black NS or NC??

The seller claims it was from a store in Sydney.

Hmm..

15. Jakesteraholic

Jakesteraholic Active Member

So I ordered some Petit Standard 29s because I measured where I like to wear my jeans at 33". 33 minus 2 for vanity minus 2 for stretch, I figured. They came in the mail today and I just tried them on and I could button them up fully. There's tension there but nothing like the stories of not being able to button up past the 2nd button and then ending up with the right fit.

SOOOO, I thought I should return them. Thing is I gots skinny legs and I'm wondering if going down to a 28 is gonna make my ridiculously long-skinnies look ridiculously long and skinny. I think I dig how the 29s look on my legs right now...I don't think it'll stretch that much, it's not super tight on the leg.

So do you think wearing a belt full time would minimize the stretch on these? Or am I just being a total b about this and should return 'em and get a 28.

I might be being a b.