Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

is anyone else still waiting for their purchases from the sale to ship? i got something last year, but can't remember if i had to wait this long for it.

2. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

is anyone else still waiting for their purchases from the sale to ship? i got something last year, but can't remember if i had to wait this long for it.

i placed an order on sunday the 20th, was billed the next day and they only shipped it like last thursday

3. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

Anyone ever try sizing up in APC's with a flimmer fit? I usually wear NS 30, but tried on NC 32 while at barneys yesterday to humor myself, and kind of liked the fit better. The higher rise but slightly slimmer legs seem like they'd allow for greater honeycombing and possible even some stacks, that I can't achieve with the larger NS leg opening.

I just have an aversion to wearing 'skinny' cut jeans and want someone to talk me into pulling the trigger on these.

4. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Anyone ever try sizing up in APC's with a flimmer fit? I usually wear NS 30, but tried on NC 32 while at barneys yesterday to humor myself, and kind of liked the fit better. The higher rise but slightly slimmer legs seem like they'd allow for greater honeycombing and possible even some stacks, that I can't achieve with the larger NS leg opening. I just have an aversion to wearing 'skinny' cut jeans and want someone to talk me into pulling the trigger on these.
    Did you try the NC at 31? They stretch a lot and would end up similar to the fit on the 32 NC, un-stretched, if not a little baggier. Go for it. People often "hate" skinnier jeans because of the people who typically wear them are douchebags. All depends on how you wear them and if it blends with your steez.

5. Sancho Panzo Christ

i placed an order on sunday the 20th, was billed the next day and they only shipped it like last thursday

thanks max. hm, i placed my order on the 17th and haven't received shipping confirmation yet. at the risk of sounding like a bitch, i wonder what's taking so long?

6. Sancho Panzo Christ

Anyone ever try sizing up in APC's with a flimmer fit? I usually wear NS 30, but tried on NC 32 while at barneys yesterday to humor myself, and kind of liked the fit better. The higher rise but slightly slimmer legs seem like they'd allow for greater honeycombing and possible even some stacks, that I can't achieve with the larger NS leg opening.

I just have an aversion to wearing 'skinny' cut jeans and want someone to talk me into pulling the trigger on these.

yeah, the other thing to keep in mind if you're taking the other dude's advice of buying a size down and hoping for stretching, is that the calves never really stretch much. at least that's been my experience.

also, this is an obvious truth that some people seem to forget: the less you size down, the less stretch there will be. so, i'd say that if you liked the 32 nc's, go for it.

7. bs3009a

bs3009a Active Member

Sorry maybe i wasn't clear. My jeans stretched out about an inch through the seat in about 3 weeks. They are now sitting comfortable at a measured 31. Most of that stretching in the waist was completed after about a month. The final stretching took place in the thighs and that happened over the course of about 4-5 months.

I didn't do anything too extreme, and mainly just wore them. I wore them to sleep in a couple times to initially stretch them though.

I have no stray fade marks from any of my efforts. Though I did slightly stain my cheap bedsheets with a bit of indigo.

APC's in general stretch quite a bit. I know, in comparison to my black EP's by Epaulet, that the APC denim is relatively elastic.

Hope that was helpful

hmm your story sounds a bit weird to me. since 28's come at a 30" waist, yours took 6 months to stretch .5 inches?

my 28's took about a week to stretch out to about 32.5 inches and now they're at a comfortable 33" after a little over a month. I was always able to button all the buttons but in the beginning it was hell.

for the other guys question, i did no forcing to stretch the jeans, i just wore them. i would avoid doing anything unnatural from normal wear anyways as it may show later on in the jeans which may be a bad thing.

8. skander

skander Well-Known Member

Just to give some more info on APC denim trade in for anyone interested. I stopped by their NY store today - they give 50% off a new pair of denim but they have to approve the trade in first.

My pair of NS are 4.5 months old with two washes, some whiskering, crotch and pocket fades, and only beginning to show some distinguishable fade on the back of the knees - not nearly enough wear for them. They showed me some pairs of stuff they'd taken and it was all really incredible fades and wear, I'll probably have to put in another year on mine to get anything close

9. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

They showed me some pairs of stuff they'd taken and it was all really incredible fades and wear, I'll probably have to put in another year on mine to get anything close

Don't really get that. When my jeans get to that point, that's precisely when I most want to keep them.

10. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

although jeans will stretch less the more you size up, i'd still be very careful. 2 inches bigger than your current NS is a big difference. also since the NC has a higher rise, they will sit higher on your waste where it is smaller than near your hip where NS would be closer to.

im my experience it is not wise to size up on skinny jeans to get a looser leg fit because the waist will be a problem in the future. i know they are not raw jeans, but i use to wear diesel thanaz, which is a super skinny straight fit. in the beginning i sized up to get a looser leg fit but the waist was way to big. i then got waists that fit very good when first tried on but they stretched to shit. so what im suggesting you is that since APC will stretch more than my diesels did, i suggest the waist be tight still when you first get them.

just dont underestimate the stretch. if your gonna wear skinny jeans, then for the waist to fit properly, the legs will be skinny because they ARE skinny jeans.

11. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

It's much easier to manipulate the cut of a pair of jeans below the knee, so you might consider just taking a pair of NS in a size you know will stretch and fit right in the top block and thigh and then having a competent tailor taper them down so you get the desired lower leg effect.

12. k9n

k9n Senior member

Soaked my NS the other day. Had them about 1 year 7 months and only ocean soaked last summer.

Pre-Wash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pre-Wash Fit Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post-Wash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. avery

avery Senior member

how to size PS?

i wear 30 in NS and 31 in NC.

waist is good on both, but the NS is too loose below knee and NC is too tight.

so should i get 30 or 31 in PS?

14. 1up

1up Senior member

I've got a pair of rescues (31) that have gotten slightly big for me in the waist, the wash may be a little premature (not as much whiskering as previous pairs of raw denim), but I'm interested to see the outcome and in hopes the waist will shrink.

Is woolite a necessity?

15. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

The waist will stretch back out pretty fast even if you wash it.