A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I have a question about fits... I am about to order a... yadda yadda yadda

Nah but for real I lost some weight, and my NSs are huge. I bought a 33, and I would say they're ~36" now. So pissed. Lesson learned

2. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

A slight break from retarded sizing questions/advices ...

We all know APC uses japanese denim, but I couldn't find anything specific about the supplier. It's surprising no-one cared to ask.

I heard from one source that APC sources from Pure Blue Japan. Can any1 confirm this?

verrrryyy false

given the (in my opinion) chittyness of the denim and the price point, I would aim much lower

3. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

I have a question about fits... I am about to order a... yadda yadda yadda

Nah but for real I lost some weight, and my NSs are huge. I bought a 33, and I would say they're ~36" now. So pissed. Lesson learned

be careful when you re-buy your NS. remember that the bigger they are, the less they stretch. you 33 probably came at 35" so it only stretched 1" because they were pretty big to begin with. when you size down more expect something closer to 2"-3" of stretching.

4. entrero

entrero Senior member

5. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

Right.
    If I'm not mistaken, Japan Blue (Momotaro in this case) is different from PBJ...PBJ is owned by some other parent I believe....or maybe thats RJB, hard to keep all these in order

Im 100% sure that its not from a specific denim brand in PBJ

6. yoyoyo

yoyoyo Active Member

Tried the search but couldn't really find an answer.
    Was at my local APC retailer to pick up either a New Cure or PS but they didn't have my size (28).
    They however had a New Cure F in 28- which the sales person mentioned is the Female version in my size... same cut with a slightly lower rise and roomier waist and thigh area to account for wider hips on females.
    I tried it on out of curiosity and indeed the waist is roomier. I could comfortably button up all the way, as opposed to my new standards which I could not. I could probably go down to a 27.
    Also, I found that the leg opening does not taper out like the normal New Cures "H"(there was a size 32 to compare). More like the PS legs.

Anyone else have experience with the NC F? are these legit differences between the F and H? Taper and waist difference? Just asking here since I don't have a New Cure H to compare with in my size here.
    Thanks alot.

7. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

browse my selection of spell check, assclown

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

Ok, going to pick up a pair of Rescues. Sorry for another fit question but I want to make sure. I have 23" thighs at their biggest point and my hips measure about 33" where I wear my jeans. So should I go with 29's or 30's?

Thanks in advance!

9. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

I am looking at a pair of 25(?) or 26 I believe pair of the older standards. Should I get them if I usually wear a size 28/29 cause I am worried they will be EXTREMELY tight.

10. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Fuck, the reason there's several thousand replies to the same basic question is that people are telling to size down anywhere between two and five inches for the new standards. Kind of confusing if you ask me.

I'm just going to size down three and hope it works out

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Ok, so I probably should have referenced this thread more closely before going out and buying my Petit Standards, but here goes, at the risk of sounding naive (which I am to raw denim and APC)

I bought a pair of Petit Standards at the Saint Germain Paris APC store about a week ago...I went down to size 27 (true waste 30). At the time I had read online that one should size down 2...and more specifically that you may not be able to button the top two buttons.

Long story short, I followed this pretty closely, tried on a 28 and they buttoned up easily so I went down to a 27. (The 28 even had a hair of extra waist room) I thought I was properly accounting for stretch.

I've been wearing them every day for the last week, and they seem to be breaking in nicely, everywhere but the calf/shins. This is causing a bunching at the knee, with below the knee staying pretty true to what they were like to begin with. The jeans feel pretty loose and comfortable but still feel snug below the knee.

Can any experts dish out some advice on this? Did I waste my money and do I now need to size up to a 28? Or do I just need to commit and this will remedy itself?

Thank you!

I've never owned any A.P.C. or raw denim for that matter, so I am completely naive. I've read through most of this thread but i'm still left wondering.

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

13. mattt

mattt Senior member

Ok, so I probably should have referenced this thread more closely before going out and buying my Petit Standards, but here goes, at the risk of sounding naive (which I am to raw denim and APC)

I bought a pair of Petit Standards at the Saint Germain Paris APC store about a week ago...I went down to size 27 (true waste 30). At the time I had read online that one should size down 2...and more specifically that you may not be able to button the top two buttons.

Long story short, I followed this pretty closely, tried on a 28 and they buttoned up easily so I went down to a 27. (The 28 even had a hair of extra waist room) I thought I was properly accounting for stretch.

I've been wearing them every day for the last week, and they seem to be breaking in nicely, everywhere but the calf/shins. This is causing a bunching at the knee, with below the knee staying pretty true to what they were like to begin with. The jeans feel pretty loose and comfortable but still feel snug below the knee.

Can any experts dish out some advice on this? Did I waste my money and do I now need to size up to a 28? Or do I just need to commit and this will remedy itself?

Thank you!

I've never owned any A.P.C. or raw denim for that matter, so I am completely naive. I've read through most of this thread but i'm still left wondering.

The PS cut is supposed to be pretty tight in the lower leg. It will stretch out a bit but don't expect it to be loose around the calves or anything. It probably looks fine, and you're just not used to such a taper. Just stick with it and you'll likely grow accustomed to it.

14. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Is is just me or is the material not as rigid/stiff as it used to be? I bought my first pair maybe 5 years ago and I remember them being stiff as hell, like once the creases formed they were like steel and the skin behind my knees got rubbed pretty raw from the sharp stiff folds sticking into them. Now I recently bought another pair and they don't seem quite as stiff as I remember the first time around. Also the back pockets are too big now so they look a bit awkward compared to the old ones.... maybe my standard for denim has just increased to the point that APCs just don't seem that nice anymore.... still like the cut though...

15. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Is is just me or is the material not as rigid/stiff as it used to be? I bought my first pair maybe 5 years ago and I remember them being stiff as hell, like once the creases formed they were like steel and the skin behind my knees got rubbed pretty raw from the sharp stiff folds sticking into them. Now I recently bought another pair and they don't seem quite as stiff as I remember the first time around. Also the back pockets are too big now so they look a bit awkward compared to the old ones.... maybe my standard for denim has just increased to the point that APCs just don't seem that nice anymore.... still like the cut though...

5 years is a long long time. Especially if you've worn other raw denimz in that time period.