• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to @thebuddahman for my boomerang thriftmas gift. I hope it didn't put you out too much to re-ship it.

NWT Highland 2000 Wool Cap in the perfect color I was needing.
Rayon Toucan Shirt
VTG UK Tee
A book about socks.
1812221733290001.jpg

And a nice green Eskdale.

Thriftmas Fit as will be worn this evening for our Holiday Brewery Crawl
Levis Jeans - Thrifted
Shredded Polo Sport Sweater - Cash/Camel Blend - Thrifted
Florsheim Chelsea Boots - Thrifted
Aforementioned Highland Cap and Eskdale Jacket
IMG_1405.jpg

Last edited:

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More thanks to @HansderHund. Not only did he go to the trouble of organizing the exchange, he contributed an obscene amount of gifts as well.

Let's start with the clever card, which explains every gift and the thoughts that went into each.

20181222_141917.jpg

Then some epicurean delights. Themed St Nicholas and Krampus gingerbread cookies, pumpkin seed oil which I plan to try on a salad tonight (I'll have to try the suggested pairing with vanilla ice cream too). Local balsamic mustard which my wife may consume in its entirety straight from the tube before I get a chance to put some on a sandwich. Some nutella-filled treats (already eaten by the family) and some local pear schnapps (pear brandy to us North Americans. Nothing like the sugary peach liqueurs we call schnapps here). It's lovely, though I haven't had a stiff drink in years, so I needed an ice cube or two to appreciate the nuanced flavours. Heresy, I know!

20181222_141824.jpg

A pair of scarves, one a cashmere blend, the other a lovely lightweight paisley dress scarf which my wife has stolen.

20181222_142809.jpg

As if that wasn't generous enough, we're actually just getting started! On my list, I mentioned an interest in a nice umbrella. I wasn't expecting Swaine Adeney Brigg(!!!). The shearling gloves fit perfectly and the passport wallet just exudes gentlemanly charm (like everything else in the package). Also, some uber-luxe nail scissors (forgot to include in the pic)

20181222_142058.jpg

As if that still wasn't enough, he also included a wool and cashmere car coat from Schneiders of Salzburg in my size!

20181222_143150.jpg

Look at the details!

20181222_143123.jpg

Oh and it has a quilted lining. Perfect for a Canadian winter.

20181222_143517.jpg

After opening everything, I read the card aloud to my wife. She couldn't get over the level of thought and care that was put into each gift. Neither could I.

Thank you Hans, you are a truly fine gentleman!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Mr G from SD for the box of goodies from San Diego!

The Taylor Stitch chinos will be welcome addition to the closet, and I do own a pair of Vuarnet sunglasses, so I might have to try to vintage tee.

IMG_8496.JPG

Also, a Kuhl fleece jacket, Peter Millar vest, and a PRL cashmere v-neck.

IMG_8497.JPG

And last, and best, coffee from one of his local cafes. It's going in the espresso machine as soon as the bag of coffee from London is done (from my wife's company coffee exchange). If it's good, I'm definitely checking the place out when I'm in SD in April!

IMG_8498.JPG

Thanks, man! And Happy Thriftivus!

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @thebuddahman for my boomerang thriftmas gift. I hope it didn't put you out too much to re-ship it.

NWT Highland 2000 Wool Cap in the perfect color I was needing.
Rayon Toucan Shirt
VTG UK Tee
A book about socks.
View attachment 1094361

And a nice green Eskdale.

Thriftmas Fit as will be worn this evening for our Holiday Brewery Crawl
Levis Jeans - Thrifted
Shredded Polo Sport Sweater - Cash/Camel Blend - Thrifted
Florsheim Chelsea Boots - Thrifted
Aforementioned Highland Cap and Eskdale Jacket
View attachment 1094359

So pleased that the package got there this time! Love the thrift fit!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
More thanks to @HansderHund. Not only did he go to the trouble of organizing the exchange, he contributed an obscene amount of gifts as well.

Let's start with the clever card, which explains every gift and the thoughts that went into each.

View attachment 1094306

Then some epicurean delights. Themed St Nicholas and Krampus gingerbread cookies, pumpkin seed oil which I plan to try on a salad tonight (I'll have to try the suggested pairing with vanilla ice cream too). Local balsamic mustard which my wife may consume in its entirety straight from the tube before I get a chance to put some on a sandwich. Some nutella-filled treats (already eaten by the family) and some local pear schnapps (pear brandy to us North Americans. Nothing like the sugary peach liqueurs we call schnapps here). It's lovely, though I haven't had a stiff drink in years, so I needed an ice cube or two to appreciate the nuanced flavours. Heresy, I know!

View attachment 1094325

A pair of scarves, one a cashmere blend, the other a lovely lightweight paisley dress scarf which my wife has stolen.

View attachment 1094326

As if that wasn't generous enough, we're actually just getting started! On my list, I mentioned an interest in a nice umbrella. I wasn't expecting Swaine Adeney Brigg(!!!). The shearling gloves fit perfectly and the passport wallet just exudes gentlemanly charm (like everything else in the package). Also, some uber-luxe nail scissors (forgot to include in the pic)

View attachment 1094327

As if that still wasn't enough, he also included a wool and cashmere car coat from Schneiders of Salzburg in my size!

View attachment 1094328

Look at the details!

View attachment 1094329

Oh and it has a quilted lining. Perfect for a Canadian winter.

View attachment 1094330

After opening everything, I read the card aloud to my wife. She couldn't get over the level of thought and care that was put into each gift. Neither could I.

Thank you Hans, you are a truly fine gentleman!

I'm so happy that A) everything arrived before Christmas and B) you enjoyed opening the box! Hope some of that stuff works out for you, you had a great list to go from and I really meant to try to find some sort of vintage t-shirt for you.

Bonus: The wrapping paper was also thrifted. There was a bunch of deadstock wrapping paper for sale that came from a nice stationery store. They had nice wrapping paper from the '70s-'90s and I bought some on the cheap.

GM-H

Reaction score
Couldnt wait one more day so I opened my Secret Santa gift. Unsure of who to thank so please let yourself be know!

2 sweet scarfs from opposite ends of the spectrum, a sick Alfonso D'este hat, Kiton half hank, J Peterman suede belt, and my favorite, a Ghurka wallet! My Initials are GMH so its already customized for me! To top it off a great smelling bag of coffee beans that I cant wait to try
IMG_4150.JPG

Last edited:

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Couldnt wait one more day so I opened my Secret Santa gift. Unsure of who to thank so please let yourself be know!

2 sweet scarfs from opposite ends of the spectrum, a sick Alfonso D'este hat, Kiton half hank, J Peterman suede belt, and my favorite, a Ghurka wallet! My Initials are GMH so its already monogramed for me! To top it off a great smelling bag of coffee beans that I cant wait to try
View attachment 1095216

Hey I’m a dummy that was me! I’m glad you like everything!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it’s the 24th and so I finally opened my gift exchange box!

Big thank you to @silverwarebandit for a beautiful selection of ties! These will fit right in with what I wear. The colors are GREAT and I love the fabrics.

Thanks again for your generous gift, it’s really appreciated! I also loved the price tag on the Kiton, it’s incredibly satisfying to see!

8CCA5AA9-D2A4-4456-8A99-01D803BBC7F0.jpeg

1F992B1E-241D-405E-8975-6D2DE2A96A74.jpeg

A9DF188C-52F6-41D3-8033-351888790BE0.jpeg

7C4E296E-1AA3-41A3-BF26-E553B6684CFB.jpeg

FC200A49-11B8-47C5-86B3-81FA31148F04.jpeg

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to @330CK. This guy gifts.

- Vintage BB tie in a great color
- Columbia shirt straight from my wishlist, love the design, perfect fit
- My first Drake's scarf in a color I would absolutely buy for myself
- Finally, a Black Forest pipe, such a cool, unique addition to the box!
- Personal note (not pictured)

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it! Merry Thriftmas, all!
20181224_220234.jpg
20181224_215054.jpg

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Thriftmas morning! High on the thoughtful scale, I got "my brand" from @Cj52racers
My first brag in the thread was isaia and I'm always pumped to find it in the thrfits, and my man hooked me up with not one, but 2 great shirts that fit perfectly, plus one from coast. A new scarf, and always needed pocket squares. Thanks for the great additions to my closet and wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happy and prosperous new year!
20181211_232123.jpg

Edit: and just wore one of the squares to Christmas Eve service!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shout out to @California Dreamer for coming through from across the globe! A bunch of awesome tees, the Goset one is my favorite and is going right into rotation! Some peanut brittle that already got stolen by my wife, the best named CD that ive ever seen, and some coffee that is a hopeful foreshadowing of where ill be thrifting this coming year lol.

Appreciate it man, all best to you and yours!
Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 2.20.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 2.21.07 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads