• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$63000 bar tab...

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about that. I actually know someone who had a 20.000 euro bar tab. He got so drunk early in the evening that he let everybody in the club drink on his tab. Pretty stupid... It had some pretty serious consequences for him I believe.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a story last year about a businessman from Bangladesh who spent $129,000.00 in Scores in NY and then claimed the club overcharged him. He sued and when the press got a hold of it his wife who was a diplomat got sent home. Nice move on his part. Story here

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(drizzt3117 @ Jan. 15 2005,10:55) http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/25/pf/g...nner/index.htm
I've had all those four wines, two of them at one sitting, but they weren't yet up to US$63K.
I've been to the Atlantis hotel on the Bahamas about a year ago. They have about 19 restaurants varying from posh italian to burger places. Funny thing is that they have the same drinks list in every restaurant. So if you wanted you could have a $8900 Petrus with your $5 hamburger or sandwich
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, costco had 2000 Petrus for $1500 until recently, so you could go and get a $0.99 hot dog and drink it with your Petrus
smile.gif

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, costco had 2000 Petrus for $1500 until recently, so you could go and get a $0.99 hot dog and drink it with your Petrus
smile.gif
Petrus was considerably cheaper than that in the early 80's at a certain restaurant in Manhattan. Before Petrus became Petrus. When did the Wine Spectator start, by the way? Alan C, I think it was, mentioned the strength of the dollar in '85 and '86. It pains me to think about all the inexpensive French wine and relatively inexpensive London property of that time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads