1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$63000 bar tab...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by drizzt3117, Jan 15, 2005.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

2. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

I remember reading about that. I actually know someone who had a 20.000 euro bar tab. He got so drunk early in the evening that he let everybody in the club drink on his tab. Pretty stupid... It had some pretty serious consequences for him I believe.

3. topcatny

topcatny Distinguished Member

There was a story last year about a businessman from Bangladesh who spent $129,000.00 in Scores in NY and then claimed the club overcharged him. He sued and when the press got a hold of it his wife who was a diplomat got sent home. Nice move on his part. Story here

4. drizzt3117

5. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

6. Roy

Roy Distinguished Member

(drizzt3117 @ Jan. 15 2005,10:55) http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/25/pf/g...nner/index.htm
    I've had all those four wines, two of them at one sitting, but they weren't yet up to US$63K.
    I've been to the Atlantis hotel on the Bahamas about a year ago. They have about 19 restaurants varying from posh italian to burger places. Funny thing is that they have the same drinks list in every restaurant. So if you wanted you could have a $8900 Petrus with your $5 hamburger or sandwich [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. drizzt3117

Yeah, costco had 2000 Petrus for $1500 until recently, so you could go and get a $0.99 hot dog and drink it with your Petrus [​IMG]

8. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

Petrus was considerably cheaper than that in the early 80's at a certain restaurant in Manhattan. Before Petrus became Petrus. When did the Wine Spectator start, by the way? Alan C, I think it was, mentioned the strength of the dollar in '85 and '86. It pains me to think about all the inexpensive French wine and relatively inexpensive London property of that time.