• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5ep low down boot cut biatch...

Anamoly

Reaction score
picked up a pair of these and really diggin em.

Dry, dark, dark denim with a soft great cut for those of us who arent built like a beanpole. btw skinny jeans on dude looks really bad. Sorry but you see that a lot in lower manhattan here and I think it not only looks unflattering but reeks of over-styling yourself.

Anyway highly recomment the 5eps.

mikej77

Reaction score
Just picked up my pair of 5ep LDB in the dark worn from Godmother a few days ago. I definitely love the quality of the denim and the jeans look great. I am still trying to decide if I will keep them because they still might be a bit slim for me since I have wide legs. They fit true to size though, I got the 34/32. I was also able to get a peek at the new Styleforum 5eps. Great looking jean. Kudos to Godmother and the rest of the 5ep crew.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you guys get them through 5ep?
regular price or deadstock discount?

mikej77

Reaction score
I got them deadstock which she wasnt still running but since I had been in contact awhile ago to pick them up, she honored the price. I havent even removed the tags at this point. I will probably decide in the next couple of days whether I will keep them or sell them. Again, they are amazing jeans but I am just used to a little more relaxed fit (damn my wide legs)

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
btw skinny jeans on dude looks really bad. Sorry but you see that a lot in lower manhattan here and I think it not only looks unflattering but reeks of over-styling yourself.
That's a pretty lame point of view. I'd only expect a total tubby to come out with that excuse. Sure 5EP have a nice fit but a skinny jean has its values to, just because "Ten Ton Teddy" can't fit in a pair doesn't make the cut vulgar, overtly vain, chauvinistic or obnoxious.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Nah dude. I wear a 32x32 hardly a fat persons size.

Skinny jeans are for chicks. Thats why theyre called skinny, so they hug the curves of a woman which is beautiful. The curves of a dude...not so beautiful.

I know you wear the skinny jeans and thats cool do your thing. Its just my opinion. A dude who wears skinny jeans is tyring too hard to follow trends and as I noted above its not flattering on men...

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
That's a pretty lame point of view. I'd only expect a total tubby to come out with that excuse. Sure 5EP have a nice fit but a skinny jean has its values to, just because "Ten Ton Teddy" can't fit in a pair doesn't make the cut vulgar, overtly vain, chauvinistic or obnoxious.

Your point of view is much less lame.

musicboohoo[1].gif

(For reference, I'm essentially between both points of view and I could never look good in skinny jeans.)

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB

Originally Posted by kronik
Your point of view is much less lame.

musicboohoo[1].gif

(For reference, I'm essentially between both points of view and I could never look good in skinny jeans.)

Just a lunch time rant! no real point of view, just a defence for being different.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
On the one hand, skinny jeans definitely do look affected, because they are not the standard. But then again, baggy jeans looked just as affected when it was the other way around, and so did bell-bottoms, and jeans in the first place, and lounge suits, etc, etc...

That said, not everyone can pull them off. And people who can't shouldn't.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
I agree I'd rather be looking at Jill's ass in a pair of skinny jeans, than Jack's....

but we need to identify here. Are APC NS skinny? if so, I'm cool with that look.

However, I'm not cool with the axl rose/slash painted on black burn-out look... but if ya'll like it, rock out wit ********* out.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
What's the cheapest source for these? And do they have any backpocket styling? I can't see paying 100s for jeans with absolutely no visible distinguishing characteristics.
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
I agree I'd rather be looking at Jill's ass in a pair of skinny jeans, than Jack's.... but we need to identify here. Are APC NS skinny? if so, I'm cool with that look. However, I'm not cool with the axl rose/slash painted on black burn-out look... but if ya'll like it, rock out wit ********* out.
No, see, that's the PROBLEM...I don't want to be able to count the hairs on a man's scrotum through his denim!

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my mind, I differentiate between "slim" and "Skinny" by whether or not the pant is tight below the knee through the calf and heel.

I think skinny jeans are fine on guys, especially younger guys, they don't work on everyone, but eh.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
you could look like this guy....

Besides the penis outline, and the way those jeans make it look like his anus is sucking in the excess denim, those aren't that bad.

I've seen some pics people post here of their new APCs that look like that, albeit most people here would wear them lower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads