• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2016-17 College Football Season Threak

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that a (backup) fullback-to-fullback pass for a TD? Why yes. Yes it is.

FBTD.0.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody catch that BYU fake punt from their own endzone on 4 and 19 against Boise State? Wtf were they thinking.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, last night's loss was a combination of last year's loss to MSU and the year before at Virginia Tech. Our offensive line, especially at the edges, were exposed and were constantly man-handled, leading to more sacks in any game since our loss to Virginia Tech and more TFLs of any game in the Meyer Era at Ohio State except Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and Virginia Tech that season. Our receivers weren't running their routes and getting enough separation, and they looked nothing like the receiver group from the first two games of this season. Lots of penalties that we committed at terrible times that led to poor positions and third-and-long.

A lot to improve upon for this young Ohio State team. And of course, I'm going to get my just desserts for the pre-game smack talk I put on a classmate who's a PSU fan. If you are a fan, you've got to take the bad with the good, and accept the lumps from a poor showing.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a game I expected to be depressingly boring as a Northwestern fan, I'm pretty pleased with how the team handled itself at Ohio State. A 24-20 loss is still a loss, but it was a lot better than expected (and closer than the game at Northwestern a couple seasons ago when we were supposed to be better than we are this year).

Nice to see Texas upset Baylor. Big 12 is going to have a tougher path to the playoff now, not that I care. Washington / Utah proved to be pretty entertaining. And BC snaps a 12 game conference losing streak.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Terrible officiating against Baylor and stupid coaching by Baylor. They should've beat Texas easily.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also gsu is easily the best two win team in the country which is a bit damming with faint praise and a bit going this season could've been phenomenal and we can till be bowl eligible. The stAte game is a Thursday one and southern is garbage this year so I like our chances.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TAMU loses to Miss St., and Auburn barely escapes with a win (at home!) to Vandy. Nothing to see here folks, just more proof of the SEC depth . . .

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Texas A&M just demonstrated why Washington should have been ranked #4 in the initial CFP rankings.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gameday coming to Seattle next week for the UW v. USC game! Only 2nd time game day has been here

Also, rumored that if both teams win this week, Gameday would go to Colorado for Colorado v. Washington State

When was the last time Gameday covered Pac 12 matchups in back to back weeks?

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Gameday to go to Wazzu.

I'm really glad that A&M lost and pushed them out. No conference should have 2 teams in the playoffs.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good god, bad week to be in the Top 4. Unless you're Alabama. Clemson, Michigan, and Washington all go down.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrieMeyers