• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2016-17 College Football Season Threak

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a day for college football. It will be interesting to see how the Big Ten East works itself out. As an alum, I only hope that Ohio State wins out and gets some help from Michigan State (not even going to put that kind of pressure on Rutgers) to beat Penn State to get the Buckeyes into the B1G championship game. If we can take care of business at East Lansing, against Michigan, and then (hopefully if the stars align) in a rematch against Wisconsin, we'll be in prime shape to take on the playoffs. Will be interesting to see what the CFP committee does with a highly ranked OSU team if they win out and Penn State/Wisconsin decide the B1G championship.

Lots of ifs. Chaos weekend is an awesome thing when your team isn't taken out in the process. I'm excited to see how things play out.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(1) I'm kind of excited that Ohio State Michigan is actually going to matter in a real way to both teams this year.

(2) I'm glad Clemson is still a verb. And they lost because of a guy on the other team named Blewitt.

(3) Three top 4 teams losing in November is just awesome for those of us who love a bit of chaos.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never understood the point of firing a head coach mid-season (unless something non-football ex- baylor happens)

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only reasoning that would make sense would be that big $$ boosters said the coach had to go or the gravy train stops.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also allows them to start reaching out to candidates without looking like an asshole if you haven't dropped your current coach.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But most of the coaches youd be looking at would be currently working for another school, so its not like you coudl be having full talks anyway. (unless you want a coach who is a few years out of coaching, or just got fired)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Starting a coaching search by reaching out to candidates is considered okay as long as you've fired your current guy.

Speaking of coaches, I keep telling all my LSU friends that if they were serious about competing with Alabama, they should go after Art Briles. They just have to be able to overlook all the ****/gang rapes, be willing to win at all cost, and have no morals.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing that really annoys me about Saban is that he doesn't even appear to be a crooked scumbag like Urban Meyer and the rest. He just has so much talent available that he can afford to punt the losers and criminals.

What a jerk.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also allows them to start reaching out to candidates without looking like an asshole if you haven't dropped your current coach.

If your team is, ahem, not quite a blue blood, you have to spend do so much time convincing folk to just answer your calls. Our AD is a football guy and is getting to make his hire to build up his AD. On top of that it's safe to say that our program still needs to be created. I also believe if we don't get the next two years right we need to fold our program. so there's many factors at play here that require us to spend far more time searching for a new coach than other schools.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Louisville is getting taken to the woodshed by Houston. How far does UL fall if they lose this big?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Louisville is getting taken to the woodshed by Houston. How far does UL fall if they lose this big?

Not sure, but it should take a miracle for them to end up in the top 4 again. I'd probably drop them at least 5 spots.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024