• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 US Open Thread

jaac

Reaction score
God that was awesome, I think Clijsters had it won anyway but what a meltdown. I can't believe she lost it so badly, reinforcing she is one of the worst loosers in the history of the sport. Reminds me of this:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took a lot of cojones for that head referee to slap Williams with a point penalty knowing it would be match point. I need to find the episode to hear the f-bombs she dropped.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of either of the Williams sisters. Always sore losers, egotistical (beyond the tennis star norm), etc. Fun stuff.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Yeah, not a fan of either of the Williams sisters. Always sore losers, egotistical (beyond the tennis star norm), etc. Fun stuff.

I don't care for either of the William sisters myself, but I will say Venus exudes a bit more class. Serena is just plain boorish, she always has been. She never gives credit to the opponents who beat her, she always has an excuse when she plays poorly, whether it's accusing Sanchez of cheating or accusing Henin of lying, she's always been a drama queen.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read somewhere that she yelled at the line umpire..."I will shove the ball down your throat and kill you" with the f bomb thrown around for greater effect.

She did not once apologize for her behaviour during the press conference. Made random excuses (e.g. I am very intense individual when on the court). What a terrible sportsman. She probably deserves a longer ban than just docking of one point.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Agree. The press conference was, as Mary Carillo said, "an Oscar worthy performance." Nowhere did Williams apologize for her behavior or apologize to the tiny linesman she threatened: "I swear to God, I'll ******* take this ball and shove it down your ******* throat." lefty

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Was Serena entitled to a challenge for the foot fault call?

I thought it was interesting that the baseline judge was asian.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Was Serena entitled to a challenge for the foot fault call?

I thought it was interesting that the baseline judge was asian.

I'm not certain, but I don't think a foot fault call is challengeable.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This video makes it very clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXoV9...586&feature=iv

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
On another note..... is anyone else lamenting the demise of the serve-and-volley game? I was hoping Taylor Dent would get some TV time, but he only made it to 3rd round.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, Del Potro looks unbeatable right now.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Wow, Del Potro looks unbeatable right now.
It's just his style of play is the exact opposite of Nadal's, which works. Soderling has the same type of play: strong flat forehands and solid serve. DelPotro hardly utilized his topspin forehands today. Here's to hoping for a Fed-DP final.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anybody who didn't catch the most amazing Federer shot in his match with Djokovic:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads