• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1965 Porsche

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
I think the hard tops look better.
The early pre type A, with the split window is very nice
worship.gif
Originally Posted by parham
Agreed...there's just something about the Coupes. I believe the #80 car pictured is an Outlaw 356 pre-A from Emory Motorsports in Oregon. Site's down today for maintenance, but check out their other restorations. They race these things all over the west. I just lost an auction for a late-model autocrosser with a nice 1750cc motor. When properly built, these old girls can move. Just listen to this one.... UPDATE: It is indeed a 1953 coupe from Emory [more photos].
+100000000000
biggrin.gif
A couple of realy good links: http://www.bubba-dog.com/356/356_links.htm And a nice restoration project
biggrin.gif
For some history into the 356 A B C etc Look at the GMUND (the start of the lineage, NO I dont count the VW) Gmund : 356 proto produced in 1948 (4) total 3years and aprox 40cars i think. Edit: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...d/default.aspx There is a californian company that specialices in restoring old 356's without removing patina, so they are just changing wear pars without doing cosmetic work, and they race the cars. Il try to find the link.
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I love the bathtub Porsches. Very classy and full of history.
Porsche-550-spyder.l.jpg
If open id go for a 550spyder, same as Dean killed him self in ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_550_Spyder

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love a car like that, but with my local weather, the use would be only 4months a year. And that is not some ting i contemplate at the moment. I have had severeal 911's, a replica 356 and a vw 1303. But at that time I did not need a car daily ... Edit: quote from older post: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=243 during my studies I had a VW 1303 S (aka Super beetle) Clean "german look" with big brakes and 140bhp, which was trackable with its light weigth (700kg) Then i went on to some 911's a 67 2.4, a 79 Carrera, and a 86turbolook (whaletail & widebody, not flatnose) and a replica speedster(vw engine, 85bhp 550kg). And then I bought a home ... Ale these where dailies, but i did not depend on them. If it was extremly humid, or the roads where covered with ice. I did not need to drive. Speed

parham

Reaction score
This electric Spyder 550 replica is a most interesting concept....

I contacted Mr. Ohler a couple of years back and he informed me that he sold it, and wasn't aware of any further development. I used to be into electric R/C racing, and could envision an electric 550 race series. Imagine the garage area as just a huge solar car port, where race entrants pay for kilowatts instead of noxious race gas. For the coastal circuits, a wind turbine or two could power a portion or all of the vehicles, timing equipment, etc.

Not that weekend races contribute much to air pollution or climate change, but here in DC the Cadillac Grand Prix only ran one mainly race because the noise was unbearable. That's not the entire reason (corruption, insufficient environmental impact assessments, etc,) but had residents heard only the din of electric cars instead of the shrieking LMP cars, we might still enjoy a local road race.

Maybe we should start with electric karts first.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
For me, the great thing about the car I photographed is that it is actually being driven with frequency, not collecting dust somewhere and taken out for photo ops.
I like cars but could never own a garage queen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads