• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wish I had sized up on this shirt but I am feeling the whole thing.

Plus...a first look at a shoe project we are working on that I fully most of you will hate.

1B023852-FF79-47CA-8AED-FE6317F81301.jpeg
2F9842A7-690C-46AE-952F-C3EE3BF9EB84.jpeg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks dude, I saw but they don't have the lighter colorway nor the cool one piece they made with YMC. I do like the M490/480 but wish I could get it in a similar shade of light brown or ivory.

If you like the YMC one piece you will be psyched on ours (crunched sample in the incorrect color):

image.jpg

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I had sized up on this shirt but I am feeling the whole thing.

Plus...a first look at a shoe project we are working on that I fully most of you will hate.

View attachment 1218959 View attachment 1218960

i'm legitimately interested in understanding the thought and design behind the square toe. it's not my thing, but it is obviously for other people (i've seen a lot of fanfare around martine rose). i'd like to hear to the appeal.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the shoes come in other colorways? They are already growing on me.
Also, what is the exact color of those light Birks you always wear?
@NickPollica

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i'm legitimately interested in understanding the thought and design behind the square toe. it's not my thing, but it is obviously for other people (i've seen a lot of fanfare around martine rose). i'd like to hear to the appeal.

These shoes are made entirely by hand in a basement workshop in queens (a ton more about this and the maker as we get closer to launch). We went to visit today about another silhouette and he was working on these when we got there. I was struck by how much I liked them, particularly because I can’t remember the last time I wore a square-toed shoe (unless you count gucci bits). That said, one of the things I’m drawn to about it is that is decidedly not “mensy.” There are tons of classic makers doing shoes like that. These just seem more interesting at the moment.

Will the shoes come in other colorways? They are already growing on me.
Also, what is the exact color of those light Birks you always wear?
@NickPollica

So the idea behind our padmore collaboration started in the Aran Islands. As some of you may know, I went to Inis Meaín a few months back to kick off our fall drop development, which will be focused on Irish craftsmen. While I was on the island, I spent time with Tarlach going through the history of it’s dress (a lot more on this later). I was particularly interested in what was worn for footwear. Traditionally, the men wore pampooties, which were a single piece of hair-on cowhide that was molded to the feet in saltwater and laced up with rawhide (The hair apparently helped in additional traction). You can see images of this below:

48D92BF1-E351-4148-A036-1A076513CE58.jpeg
E504E661-381C-459F-B09A-5EFF1DBB128A.jpeg
94F264E5-362A-4DED-A83F-09E71E9D13BC.jpeg

With this as the jump off, we set out to make a modern pampootie, so we approached padmore about tweaking their one piece low into ankle boot height (like the wallabee boot). We are doing one in black ponyhair (with a dirtied natural sole, not black like the sample) and one in a snuff suede with a natural sole.

F64B6D8D-005E-49E0-9367-B62FEED4CCC6.jpeg

We are also running a monk strap version of the low in a sunflower suede and a stone suede, both on a natural crepe sole.

8F33200E-8ABB-45EF-AE9E-A4D02524AEEE.jpeg
k

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These shoes are made entirely by hand in a basement workshop in queens (a ton more about this and the maker as we get closer to launch). We went to visit today about another silhouette and he was working on these when we got there. I was struck by how much I liked them, particularly because I can’t remember the last time I wore a square-toed shoe (unless you count gucci bits). That said, one of the things I’m drawn to about it is that is decidedly not “mensy.” There are tons of classic makers doing shoes like that. These just seem more interesting at the moment.

So the idea behind our padmore collaboration started in the Aran Islands. As some of you may know, I went to Inis Meaín a few months back to kick off our fall drop development, which will be focused on Irish craftsmen. While I was on the island, I spent time with Tarlach going through the history of it’s dress (a lot more on this later). I was particularly interested in what was worn for footwear. Traditionally, the men wore pampooties, which were a single piece of hair-on cowhide that was molded to the feet in saltwater and laced up with rawhide (The hair apparently helped in additional traction). You can see images of this below:

With this as the jump off, we set out to make a modern pampootie, so we approached padmore about tweaking their one piece low into ankle boot height (like the wallabee boot). We are doing one in black ponyhair (with a dirtied natural sole, not black like the sample) and one in a snuff suede with a natural sole.

We are also running a monk strap version of the low in a sunflower suede and a stone suede, both on a natural crepe sole.
k

Those PB collabs are awesome. Please make in smaller sizes (like a US 8 or 7.5 I imagine if they're similar to Wallabee sizing).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads