• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I get that you are trying to figure out your sizing, but you seem dismissive of others' fit pics or sizing advice because they don’t share the same body type.

At some point, you have to stop overthinking it and just wear what you think looks good. Looser fits have a mental adjustment period, but the mirror test doesn’t lie (good mirror with decent lighting).

@jaaz16 posted a Banks fit a while ago that maybe you missed
67a2bc94-8b73-40f8-affc-5af4d72bdc37-jpeg.2012999
yea hes is wearing a medium and hes taller and heavier than me.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea hes is wearing a medium and hes taller and heavier than me.

And?
Height and weight won't tell the whole story. Neither tell you anything about weight distribution, chest size, shoulder width, arm length, torso length, etc. These all affect how a garment will wear on you. Not to mention, different people have different fit preferences. It's also entirely possible that the cut of a garment just might not work at all for you, regardless of size.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The last one you had, which I believe you returned, looked fine. One size up would have looked better, as it almost always does. That said, you need to be comfortable in a garment if you’re actually going to wear it. Either way, it’s just a jacket and no piece of clothing should require this much analysis.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
The last one you had, which I believe you returned, looked fine. One size up would have looked better, as it almost always does. That said, you need to be comfortable in a garment if you’re actually going to wear it. Either way, it’s just a jacket and no piece of clothing should require this much analysis.
IMG_8399.jpeg
IMG_8401.jpeg
i still have it actually :) thoughts on the fit? im 5’7 150lbs.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 2034737 View attachment 2034739 i still have it actually :) thoughts on the fit? im 5’7 150lbs.
Not sure how to be clearer than my last post. Do you like it? You seem very unsure. I know that I don’t ever end up wearing things that I’m on the fence about when I try them on. Might be best to return or pass along to someone else since it seems like you are very much on the fence.

Lendo

Reaction score
I know that I don’t ever end up wearing things that I’m on the fence about when I try them on. Might be best to return or pass along to someone else since it seems like you are very much on the fence.
THIS. If you aren't sure how it looks or fits, just let it go. There are some 18e items that I love the look and styling of, but when I've tried them on realized they just don't do it for me.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the navy and green checked pionta (with the snap buttons) run small? It's the only 18e shirt I have and I had to size up to XL (the chest on that was 25"). Trying to figure out sizing, I have an XL kurta with a 24.5" chest that fits more roomy. I assume the kurta and hollow fit more roomy (lower armholes?) since they're pullovers so I can go TTS? Was that pionta a one off that needed sizing up if I'm looking at another shirt? Thanks

Last edited:

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that same Pionta, and I would say it fits on the small side oF TTS, and that the Piontas in general do. I feel like the Field Shirts also run small, on the small side of TTS (and look nicer if you can size up).

Wolf oxfords, Roomets, Clareditch, Sam, etc. are all on the relaxed side of TTS, so going with regular size there always works. I find the Kurtas also fit TTS, maybe on relaxed side also. I don't have any Hollows so can't comment. That said, when in doubt, you generally can't go wrong with sizing up. On the Hollow in particular I think the bigger the better!

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Not sure how to be clearer than my last post. Do you like it? You seem very unsure. I know that I don’t ever end up wearing things that I’m on the fence about when I try them on. Might be best to return or pass along to someone else since it seems like you are very much on the fence.
i like it but people say i need to sz up. what u think?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have that same Pionta, and I would say it fits on the small side oF TTS, and that the Piontas in general do. I feel like the Field Shirts also run small, on the small side of TTS (and look nicer if you can size up).

Wolf oxfords, Roomets, Clareditch, Sam, etc. are all on the relaxed side of TTS, so going with regular size there always works. I find the Kurtas also fit TTS, maybe on relaxed side also. I don't have any Hollows so can't comment. That said, when in doubt, you generally can't go wrong with sizing up. On the Hollow in particular I think the bigger the better!
Not sure which Pionta you are talking about, but a few years back we changed the fit of the pionta from a slimmer, menswear take on a camp shirt to a fuller, more cropped version. I would very much disagree that any pionta from the last two and a half years fits small. I would describe that model as a relaxed TTS shirt. I would describe the other shirts above as firmly oversized. I make these characterizations in comparison to what would be described as fitting “normally” in the general market (ie: J. Crew, ALD, Noah, 3sixteen, etc).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads