• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I_Adler

Reaction score
Random question - for those who have a reversible sahasika, what do you do with the 18east tag on the neckline? I’ve seen some cut off the care instructions on the pocket on one side but do you just rock the neckline tag when it’s visible?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to size up from M to L on the double knees but even if I went TTS the fit on these confuses me. Would appreciate input from Antonio / anyone else. They feel huge in the waist (yes yes, belt solves all) but the inseam feels short (and I have short legs!). Do I wear these at my natural waist (since they're high rise) and basically show ankle, or on my hips? Cuff? Puddle? Big shoes only? I really want to hang on to these but I'm having a hard time accepting a fit.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to size up from M to L on the double knees but even if I went TTS the fit on these confuses me. Would appreciate input from Antonio / anyone else. They feel huge in the waist (yes yes, belt solves all) but the inseam feels short (and I have short legs!). Do I wear these at my natural waist (since they're high rise) and basically show ankle, or on my hips? Cuff? Puddle? Big shoes only? I really want to hang on to these but I'm having a hard time accepting a fit.

I've been wearing them low off the hips.

Wearing at any height and cuffing would probably work too. Lots of good pics on IG under #18east that might give some inspiration.

airhead

Reaction score
Got my brown cords today in XL. Waist measures 36 for those wondering (and the tag says the same). honestly though, i've just always taken the same size no matter what the chart says and that seems to work out for me.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the cord Eides, tried them on quickly, and took a waist measurement. I went with the same size as the Molloy tweed version (L). The waist is in line with the size chart: 33". The waist of the tweed version is 34.5", but they've probably stretched some with wear. Since they sit above the hips because of the rise anyway, I found the cords comfortable.

The inseam of the cord version is shorter than the tweed, which is better for me.

The fabric is a warmer tone than I expected based on the photos but not a significant difference. It's also quite soft.

Now my only dilemma is whether to throw them in the dryer, since I'd like them to stay as they are.

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Just got the cord Eides, tried them on quickly, and took a waist measurement. I went with the same size as the Molloy tweed version (L). The waist is in line with the size chart: 33". The waist of the tweed version is 34.5", but they've probably stretched some with wear. Since they sit above the hips because of the rise anyway, I found the cords comfortable.

The inseam of the cord version is shorter than the tweed, which is better for me.

The fabric is a warmer tone than I expected based on the photos but not a significant difference. It's also quite soft.

Now my only dilemma is whether to throw them in the dryer, since I'd like them to stay as they are.

I also received my Eide cords today. I have already washed cold and tumble dry on low and there was minimal if any shrinkage.

barongrim

Reaction score
PXL_20210302_163956514.jpg

New things and old things

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads