• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone that has these tell me how these fit?

I've had older single pleats in large that measured up to 38" in the waist, so I wanted to make sure the measurements on the site were accurate.

I don't know but I just bought a pair, plus the matching jacket, in the fantastic sale... stuff is going very fast, so I don't think you'll have long to make up your mind!

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I also bought a pair and sized up compared to past single pleats based on my experience with the ripstop version fitting smaller. My guess (hope) is they now fit more true to the measurement charts.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I also bought a pair and sized up compared to past single pleats based on my experience with the ripstop version fitting smaller. My guess (hope) is they now fit more true to the measurement charts.

What size did you take in the ripstop that was too small, and how small was the waist (if you remember/measured)?

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also took the plunge on the suit, love the Ripstop version.

Hope people take this opportunity to try out the cludach waders- both the cord and and the khadi are so nice

jaaz16

Reaction score

Hope people take this opportunity to try out the cludach waders- both the cord and and the khadi are so nice

You took an M in the ripstop single pleats, right? Do you have a sense on whether the waist is 16.5 across and/or if there is any wiggle room on that?

J1987

Reaction score

Got the khadi waders, been eyeing them since they dropped so the sale was a no brainer. Excited to try them out, the fabric looks great. Think I could've gone L or XL but I went XL since I can always shrink them a bit if needed.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes M. To me they don’t feel like the fit appreciably different from my other single pleats that were M from prior drops.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
What size did you take in the ripstop that was too small, and how small was the waist (if you remember/measured)?

Here’s a pic I took of the size L ripstop on top of the size L linen single pleats, the two most recent versions at the time. The linen ones fit like previous single pleats where the size L measured more like a 36 as opposed the the chart saying 34. Ripstop ones measured more like a 34, in line with the chart. 18 East customer service said they had adjusted the fit so I’m basing my sizing choice now on that information.

Attachments

• 5043BEC3-F772-4D05-B919-336B72357506.jpeg
    5043BEC3-F772-4D05-B919-336B72357506.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 86

blue-blueberry

Reaction score
Oof, I bought the wool suit yesterday at full price, kind of bummed to see it 50% off less than 24 hours later. I am hoping I can call and see if anyone can help, but technically they don't owe me anything so it would just be out of kindness.

If anyone is on the fence: I took a chance on the balloon pants and they blew me away, they're comfy and warm and the pockets are incredible, super functional and really cool design. I'm also wearing the heck out of the Biella coat and indigo khadi double knees, they fit great in my wardrobe and get a lot of use

J1987

Reaction score
Oof, I bought the wool suit yesterday at full price, kind of bummed to see it 50% off less than 24 hours later. I am hoping I can call and see if anyone can help, but technically they don't owe me anything so it would just be out of kindness.

If anyone is on the fence: I took a chance on the balloon pants and they blew me away, they're comfy and warm and the pockets are incredible, super functional and really cool design. I'm also wearing the heck out of the Biella coat and indigo khadi double knees, they fit great in my wardrobe and get a lot of use

Are the balloon pants as big/baggy as the name suggests? I thought it was interesting they advised TTS.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Yes M. To me they don’t feel like the fit appreciably different from my other single pleats that were M from prior drops.

That’s interesting. Unless I somehow was sent a size M accidentally marked as a L, the ripstop pair fit noticeably smaller than older pairs IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads