• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one else with the new jian single pleats? I'm wondering if I should size up to XXL when I normally do XL in 18 east pants.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one else with the new jian single pleats? I'm wondering if I should size up to XXL when I normally do XL in 18 east pants.
I haven't received mine yet, but based on the @LeBeef fit if you want them to fit like the older SPs, then yes size up! I believe he's normally an XL and is wearing an XXL here.

77280a04-fe7b-4e30-840f-eb3ad3a6d2db-jpeg.1928573

When do summer shirts typically drop?
The short sleeve version of the Sam shirt (pleated plaid) is dropping next, but that looks to be a bit heavier, than a true Summer shirt. I think historically April is normally when we start seeing Summer pieces, but if I were to guess probably the drop after next (in May?)

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't received mine yet, but based on the @LeBeef fit if you want them to fit like the older SPs, then yes size up! I believe he's normally an XL and is wearing an XXL here.
Oh nice, definitely going up to XXL then. Those actually look kind of slim?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out
The short sleeve version of the Sam shirt (pleated plaid) is dropping next, but that looks to be a bit heavier, than a true Summer shirt. I think historically April is normally when we start seeing Summer pieces, but if I were to guess probably the drop after next (in May?)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since others here seem to be curious, here's my thoughts on the khadi single pleats.

Material is thick and has some rigidity to it out of the box, the canvas is heavier than the Levi's made and crafted jeans I have. I needed a pair of black pants so I got that in my normal size large. They're lint magnets though may not be as bad as other pants I have. The color is a true black and you can't really see the details of the pants, most people might like the green pair for this reason. With the thickness and rigidity I imagine these will fade and it's character will come out with wear like the Namdaks.

Size wise, with the thickness/rigidity of the pants most people here will want to size up especially since it seems most don't like fitted/slim pants. I'd say it fits TTS with the large fitting a true 34" to 35" waist. Take note of the rise, it goes up to my navel. This is noticeable when sitting down. Top block feels a little slimmer than double knees, the khadi also doesn't stretch out as much as the ripstop at least initially although it did loosen up a bit.

If you were looking for pants you could dress up a bit to wear to a nice dinner I'd personally go for a different material in the single pleats.

@PeteyPajamapant the hem measurement is accurate though it doesn't feel as slim as the measurement indicates due to the fit through the legs. I'd say these fit like a slightly tapered straight pant.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Since others here seem to be curious, here's my thoughts on the khadi single pleats.

Material is thick and has some rigidity to it out of the box, the canvas is heavier than the Levi's made and crafted jeans I have. I needed a pair of black pants so I got that in my normal size large. They're lint magnets though may not be as bad as other pants I have. The color is a true black and you can't really see the details of the pants, most people might like the green pair for this reason. With the thickness and rigidity I imagine these will fade and it's character will come out with wear like the Namdaks.

Size wise, with the thickness/rigidity of the pants most people here will want to size up especially since it seems most don't like fitted/slim pants. I'd say it fits TTS with the large fitting a true 34" to 35" waist. Take note of the rise, it goes up to my navel. This is noticeable when sitting down. Top block feels a little slimmer than double knees, the khadi also doesn't stretch out as much as the ripstop at least initially although it did loosen up a bit.

If you were looking for pants you could dress up a bit to wear to a nice dinner I'd personally go for a different material in the single pleats.

@PeteyPajamapant the hem measurement is accurate though it doesn't feel as slim as the measurement indicates due to the fit through the legs. I'd say these fit like a slightly tapered straight pant.

Thanks for that! Ended up grabbing the cilantro shelter pants but will probably end up grabbing the green single pleats too.

unrelated - Anyone receive their Roomet denim shirt yet?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Ended up grabbing the cilantro shelter pants but will probably end up grabbing the green single pleats too.

unrelated - Anyone receive their Roomet denim shirt yet?
Nothing on that one yet. Pretty crazy they sold through a years worth of stock in a couple of hours though!

Edit: just got an email update, apparently there was a shipping mix up with the denim Roomets and they’ll be another few weeks.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing on that one yet. Pretty crazy they sold through a years worth of stock in a couple of hours though!

Edit: just got an email update, apparently there was a shipping mix up with the denim Roomets and they’ll be another few weeks.
This whole thing is so infuriating. They were held in customs forever and then finally released and due to be delivered yesterday. Apparently, when they arrived at the Shopify warehouse there was duty to be paid on them and the warehouse refused the whole shipment without notifying us. By the time we saw it this AM and tried to pay the duty they were already on a plane back to India with nothing we could do to stop them. Compounding this, a huge chunk of the next drop is in that shipment.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I got mine in yesterday and these are awesome. Really glad I sized up to XXL however. I think generally on these you'll want to size up unless you're stuck in a 2014 reddit malefashionadvice slim fit mindset. Or who knows, maybe slim fit is coming back?

Not sure where you're getting rigidity on these though - they're super soft just like my OG namdaks. Did you cold wash and hang dry or something? I find my OG namdaks are a little stiff after that but after wearing them around for a day they go back to being super soft.

I agree it's not the most formal material, but I love some khadi for a regular pant.

Super glad these are in the core collection. Hopefully we can get them in a few more colorways, @NickPollica !

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got mine in yesterday and these are awesome. Really glad I sized up to XXL however. I think generally on these you'll want to size up unless you're stuck in a 2014 reddit malefashionadvice slim fit mindset. Or who knows, maybe slim fit is coming back?

Not sure where you're getting rigidity on these though - they're super soft just like my OG namdaks. Did you cold wash and hang dry or something? I find my OG namdaks are a little stiff after that but after wearing them around for a day they go back to being super soft.

I agree it's not the most formal material, but I love some khadi for a regular pant.

Super glad these are in the core collection. Hopefully we can get them in a few more colorways, @NickPollica !

I don't know if I'd call these a slim fit, the fit is very similar to the Levi's 501 but with a little taper and that's universally considered a straight fit. I think it has to do with body types, I'm much heavier (~30 pounds) than I was in 2014 when I could wear slim fit.

I used the wrong wording, I didn't mean rigidity like the starchiness of raw denim I meant there is some stiffness to the jeans. It was really hard for me to button/unbutton it straight out of the box, this pair isn't as soft as any of the other pairs of 18E pants I have (Goreckis, ikat single pleats, ripstop and reverse sateen double knees, baby cord pajama pants). They softened up wearing them out but still wasn't as soft as my other pants.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call these a slim fit, the fit is very similar to the Levi's 501 but with a little taper and that's universally considered a straight fit. I think it has to do with body types, I'm much heavier (~30 pounds) than I was in 2014 when I could wear slim fit.
Yeah, I think my frame of reference has just been modified by my slouch-life over covid. Just in love with loose fits. TTS they're probably a straight tapered fit. Sizing up, wearing at the hip and cuffing them is the best though. :)

I used the wrong wording, I didn't mean rigidity like the starchiness of raw denim I meant there is some stiffness to the jeans. It was really hard for me to button/unbutton it straight out of the box, this pair isn't as soft as any of the other pairs of 18E pants I have (Goreckis, ikat single pleats, ripstop and reverse sateen double knees, baby cord pajama pants). They softened up wearing them out but still wasn't as soft as my other pants.
I'd maybe give them a little time. My namdaks feel like sweatpants. These are pretty close - without having given them a wash/dry yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads