• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 Congrats on the World Cup Victory, Greg. The bomber looks great. You are typically an XL right? Looks like this is a size down for you if I recall and it still looks good. If I'm usually a medium, should I go down to a small? Measurements seem to say it would work.

Also, any chance you or Kyle @conceptual 4est or someone from the NMWA team could post a fit with the GVA medium striped washed pant in black? Would love to see it in action. I'm guessing I would be a large in these if I'm a 33 in jeans 33/34 in pants?

Re-quoting as it got lost in the Eidos hunting jacket nostalgia :eh: (PS - I have one listed in B&S Sz 50)

@gdl203 , @conceptual 4est or anyone else with experience on the GVA bomber and pants referenced above?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washed out skin tone...?

Meh, "washed out skin tone" is a bit overthought as many other overly obsessed over CM issues. I haven't found a color in the clothing spectrum that I felt washed me out yet. Maybe I'm doing it wrong :lookaround:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-quoting as it got lost in the Eidos hunting jacket nostalgia :eh: (PS - I have one listed in B&S Sz 50)

@gdl203 , @conceptual 4est or anyone else with experience on the GVA bomber and pants referenced above?
I wouldn't call the bomber a size down for me because GVA sizing is simplified to S, M and L - and I think that L would typically cover my size.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They can make short sleeve polos - we just prefer them in long sleeves. Rolled-up sleeves look good, and the long sleeve works well under a jacket.

I agree 100% with this, but I do think that any of the Capri fabrics, the Mambo 744 and the Miami fabric would look great done up w/ the Miami collar and short sleeves.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh, "washed out skin tone" is a bit overthought as many other overly obsessed over CM issues. I haven't found a color in the clothing spectrum that I felt washed me out yet. Maybe I'm doing it wrong :lookaround:

Well nothing to do with whether you did wrong or not, more like whether that specific person looks bad or not...

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well nothing to do with whether you did wrong or not, more like whether that specific person looks bad or not...

I think lighter colors are a bit more difficult for lighter skin tones (like swedish/finnish hybrids such as myself). I usually counter that by wearing darker stripes in my shirts, navy t-shirts etc. But the simple truth is that darker colors are easier, especially when once considers the overall weather and context in a region like scandinavia (cold, dark and lots of dirt on the streets a lot of the year). For instance, I really wanted to buy a stone Camoshita overshirt, but realistically, it wouldn't look that good on me for most of the year... But then again, the same color can be so different depending on it's shade, that it's a bit limiting to just say that "I can't wear this color".

Last edited:

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They can make short sleeve polos - we just prefer them in long sleeves. Rolled-up sleeves look good, and the long sleeve works well under a jacket.

I do prefer long sleeve under a jacket, but was thinking without jacket; which I roll up the sleeves as is & will probably stick to that. It just crossed my mind as I see Luca Avitabile's short sleeve versions, which I own one but prefer GI's polos overall

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. My First time in this thread as I spend most of my time in the thrift finds thread.
I have been consigning with Luxeswap for the past few years and I was thrilled to see your recent collaboration. Today I received confirmation from Luxeswap that they have received three boxes of clothing and all are now earmarked for my funds to come your way when the items sell.
I know I am very early in the process but had a few questions:
1. As I have never bought from you previously, will I be able to sign up on your website and get the first time buyer $50 discount on top of the other bonus percentages both you and Luxeswap give as a part of the collaboration.
2. I am hoping to make my first purchase one of your Frank Clegg English briefcases as a Christmas present for my wife. Do you monogram? I can see that you can get this done if you buy from Frank Clegg directly but did not see an option on your website. If so can you advise on cost?
I am sure I will have additional questions but wanted to say hello and begin this process and of course I am hoping to have some additional funds to get something for myself as well.
Thank you
Great ! Some quick answers:
1. yes, you can use any valid discount codes. The proceeds of your auctions will be added to your store credit, which you can use at checkout but doesn't prevent the use of a code
2. sorry we cannot have the Clegg briefcases monogrammed once we have them here in stock

Noochie

Reaction score
I would personally buy the white spread collars, the denim blue button down, and maybe one of the multi-stripe one-piece collars, if available.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inglese collar Appreciation

67260448-1E8E-4045-9CAC-23CD8B0232F2.jpeg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe this. Dark brown is like navy. Also, there are so many shades of dark brown: hot/cold, strong/pale etc. Gray undertones etc. It's a much deeper color than most people know.

I listen to a woman of refined taste and class. If she says I look old in it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads