• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

mypants

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I received my preordered Inis Meain New Aran Sweater from NMWA a few days ago. Amazing!

It's the Navy/Purple Wool & Cashmere:

Only problem, as does happen with preorders is that these really did come up small. I ordered a Large which has always been perfect in Inis Meain for me, but it fits one size small for sure.

Here are the measurements for the same sweater in a different colorway that NMWA is stocking:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-orange-wool-cashmere-new-aran-fisherman-sweater.html
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-orange-wool-cashmere-new-aran-fisherman-sweater.html
Unfortunately No Man isn't stocking this color way, or I'd have been able to exchange it for an XL (kind folk over there!).

Anyhow, Greg was gracious as always and suggested I post it here in their NMWA thread to see if someone might want to pick it up who missed out...

Just wanting to get what I paid for it on preorder: $595 - 20% = $476 (USD) and I'll include shipping by Canada Post to Canada or USA. (FYI, as Greg pointed out to me, another retailer did pick this colorway up and is selling for $795...)

Hit me up if you're interested!

(Thanks @gdl203 !)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's no longer part of their range. The owners want Mackintosh to be a "luxury" brand, so they removed from the range all the things they thought were not expensive enough (quilted stuff was re-branded Traditional Weatherwear) and then all prices were hiked up to make it expensive enough to be perceived as "luxury" :sarcasm:

Needless to say, we were not aligned with that new strategy and bailed

Mackintosh are nice coats if you like that specific feel (and sound) of bonded cotton. It is the anti-technical fabric (it traps moisture inside, doesn't breathe) but it is a bit of a classic. A bit like Solaro, which was meant to be a technical fabric : it fails dramatically on its technical promise but is a cool fabric and a classic now.

So if you like that fabric and can get it at a good value (it is mostly hand-made so expensive labor), then why not?

We just don't feel comfortable with products that don't deliver good value to our customers, so we couldn't support that new luxury brand strategy.

This is what I love about your operation Greg as it is your underlying ethos and has become your trademark.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if anyone is looking for a size 46 tan valstar bomber, let me know. just received mine but need a 48 instead :(

That's a surprise, I have tried Valstar twice and 48 never worked for me, thought I always need 46, guess this one is different. We're pretty much the same build if I remember correctly.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
age, stress, work and lack of exercise made me fat lol

but yeah this was my first experience with valstar. not sure if its because of the lining or maybe the model changes from FW to SS. im a typical size 36/small in most items, similar to kyle just shorter. this 46 fit but it was tight in the chest if i wanted to wear it closed and use the pockets. and arm and body was slightly short. there was no way i would have been able to layer. but if you wanted to wear open with a tee, it would work

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est @gdl203 Love the cord DB Camoshita suit... how does sizing compare to Formosa (I'm a 48) and Eidos (48 or 50 depending on cut). From the measurements a 50 looks like the best bet. Any other sizing 'quirks' I should be aware of (aside from the shorter length a few people have raised previously)?

How would you describe the size/shape of the lapels on the DB jacket? They look fairly wide, with a bit of belly and a low gorge...is that accurate?

And what is the approx. leg opening on the pants - from memory Camoshita is usually around 7.5"

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another strong season from Camoshita, with the cord double breasted suit being the highlight. The peak lapels he's designed for this season look great.

Trunk did an interview with him where he summarised why I like his brand so much. His garments are distinct and interesting, but not over-designed. Rooted in an understanding of classic menswear, but not restricted by it's traditions:

"I want to make something that could exist in men’s wardrobe but doesn’t exist yet. Nothing extraordinary or innovative in designs but rather something ordinary and sensible. Something can be worn in many ways depends on how you style it. Some designer’s brand the character could be very strong. Some classic brand you might feel too serious. That's why I want to make something in between."

https://www.trunkclothiers.com/jour...ties-yasuto-kamoshita-camoshita-united-arrows

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est @gdl203 Love the cord DB Camoshita suit... how does sizing compare to Formosa (I'm a 48) and Eidos (48 or 50 depending on cut). From the measurements a 50 looks like the best bet. Any other sizing 'quirks' I should be aware of (aside from the shorter length a few people have raised previously)?

How would you describe the size/shape of the lapels on the DB jacket? They look fairly wide, with a bit of belly and a low gorge...is that accurate?

And what is the approx. leg opening on the pants - from memory Camoshita is usually around 7.5"

I own two Camoshita jackets. One from spring 2014 and one from fall 2015 (I think?). I also own a cardigan/blazer hybrid from fall 2016. The sizing is quite different between all garments, and I would say that things get looser and longer every year, since that seems to be where his vision is going.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the expanding NMWA HQ yesterday and had the chance to lay eyes and hands on the Camoshita camel cord. It is unlike any other cord I have seen, with more texture and depth (literal depth to how "tall" the wales are). Super unique and cool piece.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like every season I torture myself waiting for Camoshita to drop because there are so many good drops beforehand that I need to resist (Geller, Schneider, etc.) but it pays off every time. Wow this is a great collection guys! The easy pants are staples, and that duffel coat is just :inlove::inlove:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like camoshita and what they do with tailoring though single breast is probably more wearable most of the time

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camoshita has so much swag... Man, this fall there is so much great stuff, and so much more to come.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would say 50 for you. I wear 54 in Eidos and 54 in Formosa (fits looser than Eidos on me). The 54 Camoshita fits like the 54 Eidos on me (slimmer than 54 Formosa).

Leg opening looks like 7.25" across on a sz 50

Lapels are fairly wide but no real belly there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads