٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

2. mypants

mypants Senior member

Hey Guys!

I received my preordered Inis Meain New Aran Sweater from NMWA a few days ago. Amazing!

It's the Navy/Purple Wool & Cashmere:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only problem, as does happen with preorders is that these really did come up small. I ordered a Large which has always been perfect in Inis Meain for me, but it fits one size small for sure.

Here are the measurements for the same sweater in a different colorway that NMWA is stocking:
    http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-orange-wool-cashmere-new-aran-fisherman-sweater.html

Unfortunately No Man isn't stocking this color way, or I'd have been able to exchange it for an XL (kind folk over there!).

Anyhow, Greg was gracious as always and suggested I post it here in their NMWA thread to see if someone might want to pick it up who missed out...

Just wanting to get what I paid for it on preorder: $595 - 20% = $476 (USD) and I'll include shipping by Canada Post to Canada or USA. (FYI, as Greg pointed out to me, another retailer did pick this colorway up and is selling for $795...)

Hit me up if you're interested!

(Thanks @gdl203 !)

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

This is what I love about your operation Greg as it is your underlying ethos and has become your trademark.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

That's a surprise, I have tried Valstar twice and 48 never worked for me, thought I always need 46, guess this one is different. We're pretty much the same build if I remember correctly.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

age, stress, work and lack of exercise made me fat lol

but yeah this was my first experience with valstar. not sure if its because of the lining or maybe the model changes from FW to SS. im a typical size 36/small in most items, similar to kyle just shorter. this 46 fit but it was tight in the chest if i wanted to wear it closed and use the pockets. and arm and body was slightly short. there was no way i would have been able to layer. but if you wanted to wear open with a tee, it would work

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

guess I'm the same...

7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

8. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@conceptual 4est @gdl203 Love the cord DB Camoshita suit... how does sizing compare to Formosa (I'm a 48) and Eidos (48 or 50 depending on cut). From the measurements a 50 looks like the best bet. Any other sizing 'quirks' I should be aware of (aside from the shorter length a few people have raised previously)?

How would you describe the size/shape of the lapels on the DB jacket? They look fairly wide, with a bit of belly and a low gorge...is that accurate?

And what is the approx. leg opening on the pants - from memory Camoshita is usually around 7.5"

9. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Another strong season from Camoshita, with the cord double breasted suit being the highlight. The peak lapels he's designed for this season look great.

Trunk did an interview with him where he summarised why I like his brand so much. His garments are distinct and interesting, but not over-designed. Rooted in an understanding of classic menswear, but not restricted by it's traditions:

"I want to make something that could exist in men’s wardrobe but doesn’t exist yet. Nothing extraordinary or innovative in designs but rather something ordinary and sensible. Something can be worn in many ways depends on how you style it. Some designer’s brand the character could be very strong. Some classic brand you might feel too serious. That's why I want to make something in between."

https://www.trunkclothiers.com/jour...ties-yasuto-kamoshita-camoshita-united-arrows

10. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I own two Camoshita jackets. One from spring 2014 and one from fall 2015 (I think?). I also own a cardigan/blazer hybrid from fall 2016. The sizing is quite different between all garments, and I would say that things get looser and longer every year, since that seems to be where his vision is going.