• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I have some Schneider pants with a drawstring and they also fit pretty big in the waist, but are meant to be cinched down with the drawstring. Probably the same type of deal.

Yes, go with your usual size in these. The waist is meant to be cinched down with the drawstring to create pleats

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do EIDOS jackets run small?

From my experience ("NMWA" suit jacket) and the Augusto, fit TTS. But there are a dozen or more posts in the main Eidos thread where guys sized up on jackets. Might depend on the jacket style (i.e. Tenero).

mypants

Reaction score
I can't believe that these Eidos seersucker shorts are still available, especially at the current sale price. I rarely wear shorts, but some lazy weekends call for them. These look amazing with a white shirt - even more seersucker for the win.

Don't be caught in dad shorts...

20170327043.jpg

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/indigo-navy-triple-stripe-seersucker-shorts.html

Most sizes still available. Crazy.

YseanY

Reaction score
I can't believe that these Eidos seersucker shorts are still available, especially at the current sale price. I rarely wear shorts, but some lazy weekends call for them. These look amazing with a white shirt - even more seersucker for the win.

Don't be caught in dad shorts...

20170327043.jpg

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/indigo-navy-triple-stripe-seersucker-shorts.html

Most sizes still available. Crazy.

Odd question, how is the cuff constructed? Just rolled and tacked at the inseam/outseam? I usually prefer slightly longer shorts so was wondering if I can just uncuff them myself or will it need a tailor?

Also, how is the sizing on this? Would you happen to have this season's drawstring pant for size comparison?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Odd question, how is the cuff constructed? Just rolled and tacked at the inseam/outseam? I usually prefer slightly longer shorts so was wondering if I can just uncuff them myself or will it need a tailor?

Also, how is the sizing on this? Would you happen to have this season's drawstring pant for size comparison?

There is no cuff, they are just rolled.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look longer than what's listed -- 7.5" inseam?

YseanY

Reaction score

mypants

Reaction score
The fit pic photo of those Eidos shorts is quite accurate as to how long they are on me as well. I suppose you could cut a few stitches and unroll them for an extra inch and a bit, but frankly it would be a shame. Adds a lot of character. They definitely are not "short" - they do end right at about the middle of my knee.

YseanY

Reaction score
The fit pic photo of those Eidos shorts is quite accurate as to how long they are on me as well. I suppose you could cut a few stitches and unroll them for an extra inch and a bit, but frankly it would be a shame. Adds a lot of character. They definitely are not "short" - they do end right at about the middle of my knee.

Thanks! How wide are the leg openings?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gdl203 am I hallucinating or was there an extra sale code this weekend? I thought I got an email but now don't see it.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For folks ordering an Eidos SS18 Field Jacket, considering that the new style is much smaller in the chest than the 2016 and prior Field Jackets, are you going to go with your same size or size up.

My size 48 2016 FJ has a NMWA chest measurement of 43.3". The current style 48 has a 40.9" chest(and is shorter). That is close to my dress shirts(40"). The size 50 has a 42.5" chest which seems good. But the shoulders are slightly wider in the 50. 18.5 vs. 18.9 for size 50.

I don't know which size to order. 48 or 50. I'd like the 50 for the length and chest but wonder about the shoulders.

Here is my 48:
eidosFJ1.jpg

eidosFJ.jpg

Thanks!

Asian Afro

Reaction score
@metranger8694 I'd go with 48 if you plan on wearing just a shirt underneath; else size up to 50. Not sure what can be done about the shoulders.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
since we're on the topic of FJ, any small guy wear 36 suit wear this season's (the ones on sale) FJ with just shirt and find it fits well? Everything looks pretty good measurements wise except shoulder (18.1 in for 46) seems a bit too big

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads