• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yo that beige ma1 is fire, might have to order that.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not an option for preorders.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's water repellent but it isn't really a raincoat. The seams aren't taped either. It's fine for a light rain but not for a downpour

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unclear yet. Valstar doesn't want us to offer it for pre-orders, which tells me they don't believe it will get produced based on demand/feedback.

We always want what we can't have, amirite?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn Greg you always saving me money lmao.

mypants

Reaction score
Style question guys! Love the Formosa "summer tweed" preorder. What are your top picks for trousers from the Rota preorder to wear with it?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White pants and blue shirt FTW

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Stephan Schneider SS2018: FOAMALITIES
For next spring/summer, Stephan Schneider took his inspiration from foam. All kinds of foam!

We decided to have as much fun with this as he did, and this season's pre-order is all about paring things down into a few core styles, all available in the same selection of our favorite fabrics.

We're offering three styles of shirt: the classic plain collar button-up, the short sleeve with button-down collar, and our favorite (don't laugh!) the polo.

upload_2017-7-13_16-47-37.png upload_2017-7-13_16-48-27.png upload_2017-7-13_16-50-18.png

Stephan Schneider (46).JPG
Shirt Foam

Stephan Schneider (52).JPG
Shirt Sponge

Polo Bubble 1.JPG
Polo Bubble

The fabrics include lightweight cotton poplins in the signature foamy mcfoamface colors that took the most direct inspiration from the collection: a pale yellow, a pale pink, a pale mint green, and (you guessed it) a pale blue.

Stephan Schneider (24).JPG Stephan Schneider (26).JPG

The other options don't necessarily have as much to do with the theme of the collection, they just happen to be beautiful fabrics in their own right. There is a very cheery sherbet plaid (as I'm calling it), and two beautiful linen hopsacks: one a navy and white broken houndstooth, and the other a fine stripe in beiges and browns. My advice? The polo in the navy and white, and the long sleeve in the stripes.

Stephan Schneider (28).JPG
Stephan Schneider (31).JPG Stephan Schneider (33).JPG

So I mentioned it was going to be simple, but how simple?

Long sleeve shirt Foam in any of the solid pale cottons: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Long sleeve shirt Foam in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $204 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Short sleeve shirt Sponge in any of the solid pale cottons: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Short sleeve shirt Sponge in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $204 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Polo Bubble in any of the solid pale cottons: $156 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Polo Bubble in the sherbet plaid or either of the linens: $180 after 20% PREORDER discount, with 50% due now and 50% upon arrival in February (estimated)

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If my only SS shirt effort did not work out well in my general sweater/outerwear size of 5, do you think I'm safe sizing up to a 6 for the polo?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est what was the shirt you were wearing in the showroom?
And is it really that "spongey" or does it have some movement and drape irl?

Edit: sorry if that is super vague, it's on instagram when you took your bi-annual photo with the man

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
If my only SS shirt effort did not work out well in my general sweater/outerwear size of 5, do you think I'm safe sizing up to a 6 for the polo?

Most of our customers wear one size larger in SS shirts than in knitwear and outerwear, but I unfortunately don't have measurements for these. The long sleeve shirt will be comparable to other long sleeve shirts we've had in the past though, FWIW

@conceptual 4est what was the shirt you were wearing in the showroom?
And is it really that "spongey" or does it have some movement and drape irl?

Edit: sorry if that is super vague, it's on instagram when you took your bi-annual photo with the man

No, I know just the picture you mean. That fabric is a double-faced bonded cotton, that because of the nature of the way they put the two cotton fabrics together it gets almost a neoprene like quality to it. It's spongy (like foam!) but it does make for a few cool shirt. Ultimately, it's just a bit too hard to express what makes it special over a computer screen relative to the cost (very expensive) to offer it in the pre-order. This one is all about keeping it simple with some great, easy-wearing fabrics and shapes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads