• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

hatguy

Reaction score
Hi,

Very interested in the Conservation and possibly the Thinner jacket as well and hope for some sizing clarification.

I'm usually a 36S and wear the gemini in size 3 comfortably whereas the valve coat in size 3 was too narrow in the shoulder, and the valve size 4 fits better.

Kyle, you mentioned that a size 4 was recommended for the Conservation and Thinner jackets...just want to clarify since some other information in this thread had some recommendations for a size 3 for people who are 36R.

Appreciate your help so I can finalize and order.

Thanks,

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 3 for conservation and 4 for thinner would be my guess.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just talking into the Conservation in blue/grey heavy twill wool with blue knit lining and I'm glad I was.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never owned a piece of SS but that Thinner jacket looks pretty amazing. I think its been answered but ill ask again, if I am a EU46S in Formosa and a EU48S in Eidos, what size would I take in that jacket? I dont like a super fitted/skin tight jacket. Thinking burgundy or camel.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys- Anybody here own the GRP Navy high-collar lambswool knitted jacket and have any comments on the fit?

(Here's a link)
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...avy-high-collar-lambswool-knitted-jacket.html

I'm debating between the sz 3 and 5, measurements seem to work best for me on the sz 3 except for the length (23.6 inches long which seems a bit short) I'm 5'11" btw.

I am going to piggy back on this and ask whether a size 5 for this particular knit would be too large for a typical size 38 top. I am 5'9 btw. :eek:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg,
I wear a 42 in the Mackintosh Waverly. Should I take the same size in the Dunkeld?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First winter in Tennessee has been bizarre—temps in the 40s-60s, then snowpocalypse shutting down all of Nashville for three days, and tomorrow through Tuesday looks like it's going to be in the 60s...

That said, I do really kind of hate that I missed out on that Monitaly ranch coat.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First winter in Tennessee has been bizarre—temps in the 40s-60s, then snowpocalypse shutting down all of Nashville for three days, and tomorrow through Tuesday looks like it's going to be in the 60s...

That said, I do really kind of hate that I missed out on that Monitaly ranch coat.

I lived in Tennessee for ten years. To date, strangest weather of any state I have lived. Some of the temperature swings from day to day border on the absurd.

That said, I'll pick up the monitaly parka one day.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi,

Very interested in the Conservation and possibly the Thinner jacket as well and hope for some sizing clarification.

I'm usually a 36S and wear the gemini in size 3 comfortably whereas the valve coat in size 3 was too narrow in the shoulder, and the valve size 4 fits better.

Kyle, you mentioned that a size 4 was recommended for the Conservation and Thinner jackets...just want to clarify since some other information in this thread had some recommendations for a size 3 for people who are 36R.

Appreciate your help so I can finalize and order.

Thanks,

^ 3 for conservation and 4 for thinner would be my guess.

A size 36 should be a 3 in these coats if you're looking for a rather slim fit like what you see on the model.

He is about 6'2" and a slim 38. You can see the fit of size 4 on him - note that the Thinner shoulders are a little bit tighter in him than for the Conservation

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2012162/width/400/height/800/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2012163/width/400/height/800

Now, if you prefer a fit that is a little less fitted, consider sizing up to 4. Kyle wears 4 in Merino/Memory and Schneider outerwear and likes it better like that (a bit more drop in the shoulders and overall volume).

Here are some examples of Kyle in size 4 as well. He is overall a size smaller than the fit model so you can see the difference in fit, shoulders, etc...

He could wear 3 but prefers the looser fit and volume of 4.

You should decide what fit you're looking for and pick either 3 or 4

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg, how much longer do you intend for the sale to last?

Keen

Reaction score
Size for the Thinner if you're generally a 52-54L... 19 inch shoulders and 27 inch sleeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads