• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

how did you make this greg? very nice!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the Slate.
I am hesitant because of sizing.
They measure big, but that may not be realistic to fit. 

I would imagine TTS. I own a Document sweater and it is the trim side of TTS. I think it's the nature of the soft coat. Just like if you look at the Schneider Memory coat the measurements look big but it runs true to SS sizing

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my second NMWA order. I have been dinged both times for customs. $25 and $30 for $100 and $130 items. These are just accessories so I probably can never buy a big ticket item from NMWA. I have no complaints with NMWA obviously as their products are just terrific and customer service is superb.

The packaging of the products is great but I think there should be an option where we can select minimal packaging. I believe both times I got hit by duty because the packages were quite big in size (for a tie and scarf). That's just my theory as to why customs went through the package. I think a minimal packaging option would help some of us in Canada. Just a suggestion.

[COLOR=FF00AA]I have recently ordered items from other vendors for around the same declared value and not been hit.[/COLOR]

So you were not hit with customs/duties or taxes(GST) on those other purchases? You paid nothing on arrival?

I've received small boxes (cuff links and Inis Meain hat) to large tombstone sized boxes (Leder great Coat) from NMWA and have always been hit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How are the Document fishtail Parkas sizing? TTS?

You leaning slate or indigo? I think both are great colorways

I like the Slate.
I am hesitant because of sizing.
They measure big, but that may not be realistic to fit. 

True to size (I'd say that's true across Document as well). It's filled and puffy so I'm sure measurements look big (taken on the outside), but it's TTS

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you were not hit with customs/duties or taxes(GST) on those other purchases? You paid nothing on arrival?

I've received small boxes (cuff links and Inis Meain hat) to large tombstone sized boxes (Leder great Coat) from NMWA and have always been hit.

We used to ship UPS to Canada (more expensive for us than USPS) but most Canadian customers asked us to ship USPS as they don't take a customs fee (on top of duties).

If you have a better idea (while still legal in our side, I.e. not marking down value), we will happily consider.

I know a portion of our Canadian customers use US boxes, proxies and forwarders.

hrv123

Reaction score

If you have a better idea (while still legal in our side, I.e. not marking down value), we will happily consider.

Would sending shipments DDP (delivery duty paid) be possible? I find that duties tend to be less when done this way for whatever reason and at least you have no surprises when the item arrives at your door and you have to fork over 50% more. Just a thought...

Lollie

Reaction score
IMO DDP sucks, increases the price so much. In my experience, small parcels sent to Canada via USPS get dinged a lot less. So another vote for small packages here. :)

Still, there's no rule. USPS has already charged me up to 40% of the items worth in taxes AND custom and handling fees...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance the SDC patchwork jacket will make a comeback?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@gdl203 how does the Geller Emile bomber run? 52 for me?

Comfortably TTS. No need to size up.
Would sending shipments DDP (delivery duty paid) be possible? I find that duties tend to be less when done this way for whatever reason and at least you have no surprises when the item arrives at your door and you have to fork over 50% more. Just a thought...

It would be incredibly complicated to program all duty categories for all products to ensure that they're properly calculated at checkout. I think that's a non-starter
Any chance the SDC patchwork jacket will make a comeback?

You mean, next fall? It's possible that the designer uses the concept again but he probably won't do it exactly the same way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads