• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jpo

Reaction score

Just to confirm - have you set up an appointment with us?  I just checked the calendar and didn't see any appointments about Eidos stuff, and we aren't around on the weekends (nor can we accommodate drop-ins on weekdays).  Shoot us an email at [email protected] to confirm details, but if you've already spoken to Greg and set up an appointment that I'm not seeing, feel free to ignore this. 

I did not realize an appointment was needed. Thanks for the heads up! Email sent.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
That shirt is gorgeous and I've been looking around for a less casual chambray. How are the sizing on these Inglese shirts? The measurements on the site make it seem like these run a bit large? Would a 39 or 40 generally equate to a medium?

I really like it too. It's great fabric for a casual chambray. For me, the standard 41 (my usual size) was a little tight across the shoulders and chest. I work out fairly regularly but am not swole. That one is actually MTM with a 41 collar, 42 chest and shoulders, 40 waist, and shortened sleeves.

Thanks, @PaintSplattered !

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got charged 30% of my item total in customs. Wasn't expecting that with USPS. Sucks being Canadian :(.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got charged 30% of my item total in customs. Wasn't expecting that with USPS. Sucks being Canadian
frown.gif

Oh man - is that a mix of duties and some sort of sales tax too? 30% sounds high for duties

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I'll look again when I get home, but it was on the pre-sale price, too which was an added blow. Oh well.

Ah man, as always, sorry to hear about extra hard duties. This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).

I just wanted to clear this up so we can be transparent to any foreign customers that might be reading this.

Keen

Reaction score
Ah man, as always, sorry to hear about extra hard duties. This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).

I just wanted to clear this up so we can be transparent to any foreign customers that might be reading this.

My duties were expected, since you've been very open about this. I didn't expect that Canada would be hit as hard as Sweden though. Not very neighbourly :p

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could have bough two Formosa suits without tailoring credits with the amount of duties/taxes that I paid. It is what it is.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

This is surprising to me though, as we always make it a point that the price on the customs form reflects exactly what the customer paid for the item - never more and never less, and there shouldn't be any documentation in the package that shows the original price either (except in the case of orders placed full price with a discount code).

Clearly the Canadian customs folks know the difference between value and price . . .

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Clearly the Canadian customs folks know the difference between value and price . . .

Sorry, the declared value(s) on the customs form will always be the final price the customer paid for each item in the order

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads