• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg,
what is the sizing recommendation on Monitaly quilted vests? I'm size 40-42, just took delivery of PF CPO jacket in size XL, it is slightly big for me so L might have worked for me but was sold out.

It depends a little on how you plan on wearing it. If the idea is to use it as a middle layer under a coat/jacket, then 42 should work. If the idea is to use it as top layer on top of a chunky sweater, then I would go 44.

@sebastian mcfox goes on the list of people for whom Formosa was made to fit. That jacket fit is amazing right out of the box.

The NR conversation motivated me to finally take some photos. Kind of dreary today, so that fits right in as well.

For sizing, this is the M and I am wearing a size 50 Formosa jacket underneath. I layered an Apolis chore coat underneath it this weekend as well. I'm generally a US 40 and outwear probably fits me best with something like a 19" shoulder.

Oh, and also pictured is an Inis Meain cap.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quick and dirty selfie off the door of the elevator of the Norwegian Rain single breasted. Seen with Rota brown herringbone flannel pants, Farnese tubo belt, and La Portegna Fat Carter.

I'm in an XXL and I couldn't be happier with the fit over a sport coat.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That NR Moscow looks great.

Greg, would you consider running a pre-order for this coat next year?

Sure. We'll work on that after we see them late January

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FC Moscow fit and coat look amazing but dat single breasted rain coat...sick. I'd preorder one ;)

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drake's square?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confirming that NR Moscow jacket is pure awesomeness.

I picked up the black one in a size L and, unfortunately, have found it fits a size too big. Anyone have an M (in any color) they may want to swap or otherwise return (but can't)? I'll gladly take it off your hands directly. Let me know!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A quick reminder that our thanksgiving sale ends today

Fence sitting on a fat carter that I don't need but would really like; it would balance out my only other brown briefcase which is a traditional English flap model. Decisions....

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Greg, just sent you an email. Please take a look and get back to me when you can. Thanks, Andrew

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drake's square?

Yep, but not one of yours.
uhoh.gif
It's a couple years old and I didn't see it a lot of places. It's a Navajo-ish print with three large figures. Brown background with red, tan, and purple. It would be a good one to have made again in a few colorways since the pattern provides a lot of variety for different folds. Happy to snap a pic.

That Formosa 3-piece is awesome. I wish I could justify more flannel suits, but it does make me want to add a vest to the chalkstripe I had made earlier this year.

@sebastian mcfox What size Formosa and S&C cardigan?

Last edited:

mezentius

Reaction score
Hi gents;

Temperatures are getting a bit chilly, and I need some handsocks. How do you size yourself in Merola? Also, how much does lined vs unlined affect fit? I like a smug fit with my gloves, but it's also cold enough to warrant some lining...

Thanks!

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi gents;

Temperatures are getting a bit chilly, and I need some handsocks. How do you size yourself in Merola?

Thanks!

Measure both palm circumference and length from base of hand to tip of fingers. The measure in inches is your size. If the two measures are very different, you'll need to decide which is more important.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually waiting for the sale to end so I can add this Calabrese scarf to my cart. One of the few items that wasn't marked down additionally. So tomorrow I can use the SF code.

Keen

Reaction score
No Valstar so kopped the S&C Shawl collar (hope L was the right size), S&C navy cap, Begg lambswool and angora scarf and Farnese tubular suede belt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics