• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my DB in the other day and went with my regular size of a 48 and can barely get a think sweater under it. I should have ordered the 50, but was afraid the shoulders would be too big. The jacket it very nice, but I think the distressed looked on the brown makes it look very cheap and kills the look for me. If only they made a version that was solid and not distressed. My wife who usually like the things I buy immediately said that it had to go back, since it looks so old and worn. It is too bad, since the weight would work well with a sweater for the very short cold period we get in the south. Any chance a a different version of the material coming along in the future gdl203? Also any chance of the Butteros coming in a size 39? I would love to get the white calf version.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, we're always happy to take anything back for exchanges etc... but I strongly caution Newcomer against taking some of the sizing advice dispensed here too literally. Guys please keep in mind that he is wearing only a shirt here - some people are talking about wearing this coat over one or two more layers. For example, absolutely do not shorten these sleeves if you're ever going to wear it over a jacket. Nothing goofier than showing jacket cuff under an overcoat sleeve

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr K - that's the look of the coat. We take a lot of pictures to make sure users see what the products look like. A lot of effort goes into those as well as pretty involved descriptions of the items.

There's no other Casentino coats coming this season. We will get a few 39 sized Buttero in the spring.

I think I've been pretty vocal about sizing up on the LBM coats - I think that's the right advice for these particular pieces. (Also for Esemplare)

Last edited:

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr K - that's the look of the coat. We take a lot of pictures to make sure users see what the products look like. A lot of effort goes into those as well as pretty involved descriptions of the items. Sometimes I wonder if that's wasted time.

There's no other Casentino coats coming this season. We will get a few 39 sized Buttero in the spring.

I think I've been pretty vocal about sizing up on the LBM coats but then again, I feel that is wasted time.

Your pics are good, just they did not show the extent of the look I found when I opened mine up. I got the dark brown and it has parts that are faded to a dingy tan color. It was just a bit too much for my tastes. If I am spending that much I just want to be aged by me and not out of the package. I think it will date it too much. It is almost liking so many people buying those pre-distressed jeans and thinking they look good. I look forward to getting the Butteros in the spring. Any other DB overcoats coming that might be a good alternative? Thanks.

The Thin Man

Reaction score
It makes sense for someone who has this to say:
If I am spending that much I just want to be aged by me and not out of the package. I think it will date it too much. It is almost liking so many people buying those pre-distressed jeans and thinking they look good.

to purchase an overcoat described thus:
Washed and garment-dyed, the material takes on a vintage finish for a great weathered look.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It makes sense for someone who has this to say:
to purchase an overcoat described thus:

Weather finished is one thing, but when it looks like bleach was poured on spots that is another. We all have our own ideas of what is and is not tolerable.

Edouard

Reaction score
Weather finished is one thing, but when it looks like bleach was poured on spots that is another. We all have our own ideas of what is and is not tolerable.
We recognize they are not for everyone. Believe it or not, our order is actually dialed down on the weathering.

Will keep you posted on other DB when we have some.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Your pics are good, just they did not show the extent of the look I found when I opened mine up. I got the dark brown and it has parts that are faded to a dingy tan color. It was just a bit too much for my tastes. If I am spending that much I just want to be aged by me and not out of the package. I think it will date it too much. It is almost liking so many people buying those pre-distressed jeans and thinking they look good. I look forward to getting the Butteros in the spring. Any other DB overcoats coming that might be a good alternative? Thanks.

This sounds so cool, you can tell from some of the pics if you enlarge them all that there are some rough faded portions. For me it's perfect because it takes a formal coat and makes it casual since a db coat will never look like that after a hundred wears along with the fact I would never purchase a wall street type coat unelss, well, I worked on wall.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knits :

- Linen Inis Meain crewneck sweater. Not sure what colors I'd be interested in, but maybe either a grey or blue? Just not cream, as I already have that [dieworkwear, size small]

- Linen IM pub jackets (unbelragazzo, size large)

Suits:

- Formosa. Unlined or quarter-lined. Fresco or linen/cotton blend, light weight summer suits. [Chogall, 52/54]

- Formosa blazer suit. [Chogall, 52/54]

Casual jackets:

- Shirt jacket in Solbiati linen; similar to DieWorkwear's safari jacket [Asian Afro; Size 38/Small]

- Leather Valstar, preferably in a dark brown or blue, but I could also be interested in a beige lambskin, depending on the shade. [dieworkwear; size 38 in the slim fit or 36 in their regular fit]

Shirts:

- Salvatore Piccolo shirts in interesting fabrics and patterns [Asian Afro; 15-33 or 38/Small]

-
Non-sneaker shoes:

- Woven leather shoes [Asian Afro; US 8/UK 7]

- Brown Vass boots in their F last. Fairly open to styles, so long as it's not a balmoral. Maybe something simple like this season's suede Alfred Sargent boot? [dieworkwear, US9]
Sneakers:

-Buttero canvas tanino low (or is it washed leather) in washed red.

-Buttero Boat "boots" in blue suede.

Misc:

- Talarico umbrella with a striped canopy and single stick construction. Fairly open to colors, but would prefer something green. [dieworkwear]
- 19 Andrea's 47 scarves

If anyone adds to this, please take the "quotes" bracket out of your post. If you don't, it will make it difficult for the next person to quote you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
newC - great looking coat.

Edouard - did you win the party?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IS - a package just landed from Naples. Something in there for you...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best news ever.

Still thinking on the other thing. ;)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
that thing from that guy from that place

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads