• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Imagine making these decisions x dozens of pieces x 30+ makers x twice a year... !

So...do you have pics and stories of good stuff that didn't find their way into NMWA's invenory? Sometimes I wonder what we don't get to see. :)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great. Is the liner the same color in the Memory?

My coat is the Merino and it is different - that said we have good photos of the navy Memory made up exactly as it will be delivered - you can see the liner vs coat shell there :

mp94

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for how to care for a G. Inglese Shirt? Feel like sending it to the dry cleaners would shorten its lifetime and kill the fabric.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In like Flynn for some sweet moleskin.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone have any advice for how to care for a G. Inglese Shirt?  Feel like sending it to the dry cleaners would shorten its lifetime and kill the fabric.  

I have one of those top loading wave technology washers (no agitator) and I wash with cold water in garment bags on the gentle cycle. Hang dry. I have never had an issue.

You can always just have them laundered (not dry cleaned) and pressed at the cleaners.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now going to get this one - I wanted something I could wear with black shoes and the beige was a killer originally - but this is SOLID - how do I order?

Order links are up in Kyle's original post 

Deadline for pre-orders is Tuesday 2/10 end of day.  The pre-order pages will be inactive after that, and we will collate orders and get the ball rolling.

Delivery, obviously, is September-October 2015

How do I specify the size there?? Wasn't an option in the drop down for jade green...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Anyone have any advice for how to care for a G. Inglese Shirt?  Feel like sending it to the dry cleaners would shorten its lifetime and kill the fabric.  

Wear for at least two years before washing. Then wear it while swimming in the ocean for no less than 23 minutes, rub with sand, swim for another 14 minutes in a highly chlorinated swimming pool, rinse with cold purified water, sprinkle with cream of tartar to help set the whiskering, then dry inside-out in the light of the 3:15 - 5:00 pm sun. :)

More seriously, I think there are probably several threads on this forum about caring for dress shirts. It basically comes down to the amount of time you're willing to invest. You obviously have the most control over the process if you wash and iron the shirt yourself. Some people don't consider this a big hassle, and even enjoy the process. I'd like to be one of those people, but really am not. I err a bit more on the side of convenience.

A middle ground would be to find a laundry/dry cleaner you trust near you, and discuss with them any special instructions that might be included in your "standard" order (most such services have a customer profile that notes special requests, preferences, etc.) to give extra gentle treatment to your shirts.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do I specify the size there?? Wasn't an option in the drop down for jade green...

put it in the gift message

kept leaning towards going conservative, but already have 2 black overcoats, black CG parka and a charcoal krane jonas. kinda leaned towards camel but have a slim camel gloverall. almost went navy, but have a rrl melton peacoat and unis varsity. went full circle debating what items to get rid of and/or decide what items i dont really wear

ultimately decided to just take a plunge and fill a void i didnt think i had lol ... ordered jade and completely stoked :slayer:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out my size in Rota trousers.
I wear a size 34 in Epaulet Walts.
Measurements are:
Waist - 35"
Thigh - 12.5"

What size would I be in Rota? 48 or 50?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads