• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camoshita Robe Coat - not that bathrobe-y! Otherwise, Begg scarf, Eidos suit, Calabrese tie, and Inglese shirt. Sorry, shoes are old G&Gs (back from when they cost a mere $450).

IMG_3008.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my pair of G&Gs for 12 years and it definitely wasn’t only $450 back then!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, I used to buy them from a website in England - I forgot the name of the website (but do remember that all of the stock was wide fitting and TG73) - and, following exchange, I don't think I ever paid more than $500 (+ trees & shipping). I guess this was about 10-12 years ago.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I used to buy them from a website in England - I forgot the name of the website (but do remember that all of the stock was wide fitting and TG73) - and, following exchange, I don't think I ever paid more than $500 (+ trees & shipping). I guess this was about 10-12 years ago.

Possibly P Lal? I got some C&J’s from them on the cheap many years ago. I think their stock is very limited.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't P Lal - although I bought a lot of C&Js from P Lal in the heyday. I'll see if I can comb through my records... may be in my hotmail or (worse) college account.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$500 GG was definitely hard to find even back then, I only remember seeing $400~$500 GG a few times (Barneys/Paul Stuart pulling out, Nick of England final end or whatever that was called, even the GG sample sale was like $600? )

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't P Lal - although I bought a lot of C&Js from P Lal in the heyday. I'll see if I can comb through my records... may be in my hotmail or (worse) college account.

Maybe Bespoke England, run by Nick Anderson? Anyway, back to NMWA. Awesome look.

And (temporarily) back to G&G! Dang, I really missed out when they were reasonably priced. I got into them when they were cresting over four figures for RTW. And now they're even more painfully priced.

Alright, refocusing here to NMWA again...

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yay, thanks for the code guys!

Scored the Doppiaa shaggy crewneck tried on a few weeks ago when I made a pilgrimage to the mother ship.

20190930 NMWA Visit 027.JPG

TTS for fitted but not slim fit. Lovely colours and texture.

20190930 NMWA Visit 029.jpg

P.S. Code worked for me after I signed in and reloaded the page to launch the checkout. The new payment method seemed a bit glitchy - took four attempts to pay with Amex, and only in one of the attempts (the second) did it appear to know about billing and shipping addresses I have on file. Also I preferred it back in the day when you could review the details of your order before clicking on the final PAY button. The new payment method has a tiny window which nevertheless hides what you have ordered, the prices and discounts, and the addresses. Ah well, it worked.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second @LatAm's thoughts on the new payment method. I find it more confusing than it needs to be and it frequently does not work (it typically takes me two to three times to get payment through - which is not good when you are, at times, impulse shopping).

I say that with the caveat that I otherwise love the new site.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a great doppiaa sweater - can say so since I kopped the same one. Anybody have the document corduroy ez pant? Thoughts? I assume I’d want a large for a 33/34 waist size?

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a couple items yesterday and have a few still sitting in my cart. Trying to show a little restraint by waiting to see what drops tomorrow and leaving the other items to chance.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of drops, any preview as to what is coming (and, if possible, the next few weeks)?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you guys compare the sizing of the Scott and Charters cashmere watch cap to that of the Inis Meain fisherman cap?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads