• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all who are interested, we need to agree on the makeup of the jacket. What I would like:

Patch hip pockets, barchetta chest, spalla manica a camicia shoulder, light brown horn buttons and fully lined (maybe half?).

Murls, in all with you but for this: a fully or even half lined fresco is a bit of a contradiction in itself, defies the purpose IMHO. For what it's worth, I have the navy Minnis already, quarter-lined, as configged by Greg ("for better air circulation and cooler wearing"), and it's just great. Would you and Mr Six be ok with that?

Quarter-lined is OK by me.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no quota for the fresco. I just priced it roughly based on the cost of fabric and the MTO and trousers surcharges and we're getting around $1,650 for the jacket and $2,050 for the suit (net of tailoring credit & SF discount).

We can do it if you guys are in and it doesn't matter how many we do at this point (because we won't reach the trousers minimum for a better price there, and because the fabric price is already negotiated so no additional savings there if we reach a quota)

Quarter-lined is OK by me.

Yep, me too. I'll be requesting an invoice as soon as I get my MRI results back....I just want to be sure I'm not in for a crazy amount of $.

Hi Folks, great stuff on the consensus of the make-up. I think that's a winner. :)

As for pricing, Greg already indicated the above a few pages ago, so no bad surprise there.

Main concern now is the set deadline for the fabric run order and that's 11th, as stated by @unbelragazzo some pages ago, and still valid, I guess.

Mr6, are you in for a suit or a jacket? In case of the latter, if I may chime in, I think you'd regret it. The Formosa trews are every bit worth it and on par with (or maybe even above) the already great Rotas. And having the option of separate use for both, is just the icing. My tuppence, clearly.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think I ever noticed those which is nuts given how much I've browsed the merch. The contest to spot Hubert or whatever his name is was a great idea because I ended up buying a couple of things as a direct result. The sale email also pushed me to finally grab the navy Oliver Spencer Portland jacket before it was gone; thanks to the way @FrankCowperwood has rocked similar versions.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think I ever noticed those which is nuts given how much I've browsed the merch. The contest to spot Hubert or whatever his name is was a great idea because I ended up buying a couple of things as a direct result. The sale email also pushed me to finally grab the navy Oliver Spencer Portland jacket before it was gone; thanks to the way @FrankCowperwood has rocked similar versions.

:fistbump:

I might have an OS jacket problem. Only have two, but I probably want about half of the ones NMWA has carried (might could buy them in progressively larger sizes and wear them all at once...). Somehow managed to avoid extending my covetousness to the the other OS items. Not sure how.

Any comments on sizing? Trying to decide whether I would take an M or an L.

I have not received mine yet, but I ordered a M in the MTO linen and went with the same for this one.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When will/will the old Formosa be restocked? Also, any new Formosa coming out for Fall?

We already restocked a bunch of the FW13 ones. Of course, some sizes sell out.

Not restocking the summer suits at this point, with the exception maybe of the navy fresco which we may reorder

The FW14 suits are the same ones we offered for pre-order : grey herringbone Fox flannel, dark navy Minnis plan weave, special edition Minnis houndstooth flannel.

We're also getting ready to offer single-order MTO where anyone can pick an available fabric in regular bunches or even do CMT. More to follow on that...
Where is the NMWA store in NYC?
Address?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We're also getting ready to offer single-order MTO where anyone can pick an available fabric in regular bunches or even do CMT. More to follow on that...

Well, there goes my NMWA x Formosa Jacket thread... in the best way possible.

:lurk:

And a Medium? Thanks for the quick response Frank.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads