• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the AS thread, which doesn't see as much action ... I'm looking at the AS captoes on sizing the 104 last and need some sizing help. I have narrow feet and low instep. For comparison:

Carmina

• Rain 9.5UK
  • Simpson 10UK
  • Robert 9.5UK

G&G TG73 10UK

EG 888 10UK

I'm not sure whether 9.5 or 10 would be better. Thanks!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Carmina lasts or G&G but I'm also a UK10 in EG888 and take uk10 in AS104

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just to clear up any confusion can you return final sale for store credit if your size is not left?

if i'm a 15.75 in mazz, will the equivalent in inglese fit?

these are questions that need to be answered

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for the Vass people: I'm a US 10.5+ (think a 10.6 left and a 10.7-10.8 right foot; a little extra width in the front 'round the little toe) - what's the going wisdom in sizing for me for the the Vass Budapest Oxford F-Last?

I'm fence sitting, but gravity is pulling me in...

I would suggest 43.5. I am not fully a US 11, so I went down to a 43.5.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I just happened to notice the wool-lined Buttero boots and I have also noticed a marked deviation from average of temperature in my locale.

So, one question of taste: Black or brown?

And one practical question: Sizing... 45 Vass, 11D wide-ish Brannock, 11D Barrie. I'm thinking at least 44.5 in these.

Anyone want to offer his thoughts?

And tell me fast because I am thinking about adding these to an order from this afternoon.

By the way, @Ambulance Chaser (I think), I took your advice and went with the Valstarino.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I just happened to notice the wool-lined Buttero boots and I have also noticed a marked deviation from average of temperature in my locale.

So, one question of taste: Black or brown?

And one practical question: Sizing... 45 Vass, 11D wide-ish Brannock, 11D Barrie. I'm thinking at least 44.5 in these.

Anyone want to offer his thoughts?

And tell me fast because I am thinking about adding these to an order from this afternoon.

By the way, @Ambulance Chaser (I think), I took your advice and went with the Valstarino.

You are right, 44.5 in Buttero. I have 44 that fit me well and I am half size smaller than you are.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
If anyone was looking for a pair of the Rota Medium Tan Heavy Cotton Twill Trousers in a size 48, please PM me, I have a pair which don't fit.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damnit all the shoes I want in uk11 or eu45 are sold out. Someone out there has excellent taste and can afford full retail ^_^

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Vass arrived today and they look amazing!!! Unfortunately, I guess I need to size up in the U last. They still had a 43.5 so Kyle pulled one aside so I could swap.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FGU - what size are you normally where the 43 in U did not fit? I am considering the same shoe, but only tried on the F last when visiting Greg.

NoCleverName

Reaction score
Got my order of Dents gloves, Rota flannel pants, and a Drake's tie today. The turnaround time on ordering from you guys is ridiculously quick, I had ordered a number of things from other places in the couple weeks before I ordered from you and your stuff arrived first out of everything. Thanks for the great service.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its really insane. i think all my orders arrived the next day after i placed the order or two days after. its practically instant gratification.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads