• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a non-clothing note, what do you all do with the NMWA cloth bags? I don't have any use for them, but they're too nice to throw away. I read today that rosemary enhances sleep, so I put a bunch of rosemary sprigs in a smaller bag and put it in my pillowcase.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a non-clothing note, what do you all do with the NMWA cloth bags? I don't have any use for them, but they're too nice to throw away. I read today that rosemary enhances sleep, so I put a bunch of rosemary sprigs in a smaller bag and put it in my pillowcase.

I use them while traveling, to take clothes to gym, seasonal storage for sweaters, bag for cords, anywhere I need a bag really to store a category of items.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish there was an option to either opt in or out of the bags. Like having a paired down or “basic” packaging option. While I find the bags (and totes) incredibly nice and understand that it’s part of the whole experience, I definitely don’t need anymore and feel kinda bad to keep accumulating them.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I have a return, I stuff the box with as many of the bags as possible to send them back to their home!

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish there was an option to either opt in or out of the bags. Like having a paired down or “basic” packaging option. While I find the bags (and totes) incredibly nice and understand that it’s part of the whole experience, I definitely don’t need anymore and feel kinda bad to keep accumulating them.

I really enjoy them too, although probably have more than I need.

However, I imagine to implement the process in software to opt in or opt out would cost more than the bags! Not to speak of confusing the punters, some of whom would expect differential pricing... bit of a headache.

My vote is to keep 'em coming, lovely part of the experience!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bags are great for travel packing. We just moved apartments recently and used them for packing delicate stuff.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send them back! We always reuse them.

Just curious, what would you want to receive your purchases in, if you opted out? Please don't say poly bags or you may get perma-banned

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I have a return, I stuff the box with as many of the bags as possible to send them back to their home!

this is a great idea, i'll start doing this.

Send them back! We always reuse them.

Just curious, what would you want to receive your purchases in, if you opted out? Please don't say poly bags or you may get perma-banned

noted, expect a bunch the next time something doesn't fit.

i mean, knowing how carefully you guys pack stuff, i'd be happy with some basic tissue paper or some other easily recyclable packing, factoring in cost obviously.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what would you want to receive your our gases in, if you opted out? Please don't say poly bags or you may get perma-banned

If it were up to me, you could literally just put my items in a box with no special treatment at all. I do not recommend this as a general course of business as I am sure most (nearly all) other customers would think this is careless and sloppy and detracts from the experience. But I'm the guy that feels the pain of waste when shirts come to me folded and clipped or pinned, with paper stiffeners, and in a bag. It's going straight into the washing machine, I'd prefer it come without any unnecessary waste. The same is true for sweaters and other items.

But now as I write it out, I can imagine that this hypothetical falls apart pretty quickly when two sweaters are floating in a box and one has a metal clip securing a hang tag and it catches the other sweater and causes a pull.... or you throw a tie into a box and it gets snagged by a belt buckle... ok, keep packaging things the way you are.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I put one in a small basket and use it to collect shirts to go to the cleaners.

Another one is used to carry my coffee travel mug, breakfast and lunch to and from the office.

I’ve got another that is just random stuff in my bedroom (extra shoe bags, a shoe horn, extra garment bags

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I cleaned out my knitwear drawers and sent stuff to Spoo, I realized I had a bunch of NMWA cloth bags that were the perfect size for my sweaters. So now all my sweaters are in bags in the drawers to try to keep the moths and mites away. I realize recommendations vary about keeping knits in storage containers, but I figured I would give it a try. And my wife got an opportunity to laugh at me, which is always good.

But what's this about returning things to NMWA? People actually do that?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the bags

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads