• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should thinner sweaters NOT be worn with a button down?

MaxJones

Reaction score
Do you mean to ask if these sweaters ought to be worn as they are shown in the links, without a shirt beneath them? In my opinion, that's an offensive look.

JG000

Reaction score
Ehhh, I think it has to go on a case by case basis.

Super thin, slim cut sweaters might look kind of dumb with a bulky dress shirt underneath. But with decent pairing and fitted clothing you can usually make it work.

Wideknot

Reaction score
If its worn over a shirt, it is a sweater. If it is worn by itself, it becomes a knit shirt.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear a $600 cashmere sweater without a shirt underneath. That's just throwing out money.

oaw01

Reaction score
Only if you're thin and look like that model. If you have a gut forget about it.

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
Only if you're thin and look like that model. If you have a gut forget about it.

Even the model in the photo looks like a total douche.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I wouldn't wear a $600 cashmere sweater without a shirt underneath. That's just throwing out money.

Additional undergarments are available to those willing to think outside the box

sexy-girl-tniverse.jpg

detroiter

Reaction score
I have a nice 6 or 7 hundred dollar purple label cashmere i used to wear with no undershirt, and yea i got deodorant stains all over it, not to mention some moths ate it up. I wish i could find a place to reknit sweaters in detroit, but i dont think there are any.

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
I have a nice 6 or 7 hundred dollar purple label cashmere i used to wear with no undershirt, and yea i got deodorant stains all over it, not to mention some moths ate it up. I wish i could find a place to reknit sweaters in detroit, but i dont think there are any.
I didn't mean wearing with no undershirt, I was just wondering if slim fitting sweaters like those are designed to be worn with a crewneck t-shirt rather than a button down dress/sport shirt

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wideknot
If its worn over a shirt, it is a sweater. If it is worn by itself, it becomes a knit shirt.

You're missing the OP's point a bit.

mic

Reaction score
It wears deep v-neck undershirts exclusively. Under a v-neck sweater, there appears to be no undershirt.

It gets to show off it's chest hair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members