• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ Nice, but try uncurling the shirt's collar points. Using just your fingers, curl them a bit upwards, they'll spring back a little but not to the current claw like status. Works pretty well IME. Of course unless you prefer them like that, in which case ignore :)

great tip.

Nothing too experimental today.
8105038469_fdea09d849_b.jpg

Rebellious collar :devil:
8105052046_37a1225cc5_c.jpg

8105052210_4519c9ccf3_c.jpg

8105046823_2d5caf0c22_b.jpg

love it.

deets on tie/sc/shoes please.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never do a white tshirt but jeans and a white OCBD is my go to for dive bars.

I actually think the jeans + white t-shirt combo can be the most flattering look there is if done right. Problem is its probably also the most difficult look to pull off as one imperfection will ruin everything.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the collar gap is pretty big here; I think I might sew a bit together at the back, if possible to make it go unnoticed!

What do you guys think? Is this look incongruous? What should I wear this with? (This is a must-not-burn item, as it's the warmest thing man has created!) Jacket is a purple-y navy.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...And, with more than a bit of trepidation, and what I know you're all looking forward too (if only to enjoy ripping it to pieces! :devil: ),

Feel free to give an absolutely honest critique on the jeans fit (although be aware that the specific shirt & jacket are just what I happened to be wearing anyway, though I did swap the shoes for a more appropriate boot). Whether it's deemed good or bad, this will be my last experiment trying to get a pair of jeans that looks OK. From my position of ignorance, I will say that I prefer how this pair looks in the mirror to any of the other attempts I've made, and actually, they feel a hell of a lot more comfortable to wear around the waist/thigh, which is quite strange considering they both sit lower and are heavier/stiffer & more tapered than previous pairs. They've actually naturally settled even a touch lower since I took the photos (maybe about half an inch or so further down), but I can't be bothered to retake the pics.

No shirt (and obviously the v-neck is untucked), I'm not wearing a belt (so the jeans are sitting as low as physically possible), and you can see roughly how much lower they are (maybe 1") by the hem roll.

:
G67Ma.jpg

Any better or is there really no hope? :D

BTW, I assure you the scarf placement in the photo was entirely accidental but looking at it in light of the comments upthread, I'm forced to wonder whether my subconscious mind was fearful enough of further undue "exposure" to unconsciously lay it somewhat discreetly... :rotflmao:

While there are lots of great suggestions prior to this post, please allow me to congratulate you on the marked improvement. Well done, Doctor!

Last edited:

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think the jeans + white t-shirt combo can be the most flattering look there is if done right. Problem is its probably also the most difficult look to pull off as one imperfection will ruin everything.

+1

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads