• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Kazak

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks to all who came up with ideas. I just returned it. My first return in, er, probably decades. I usually just "sell forward". Seller was not happy, and tried to fight it (dumbass) but he has already re-listed it, even though he hasn't received the return yet.

I will try and buy another one in a while. Meanwhile, back to using the old one. So OK, I guess some of you might have ideas on this: maybe I can fix the one I have.

The issue is that I have it set completely manual (ISO, WB, exposure settings), and I use the thumbwheel on the back to ratchet the exposure up and down a notch or few. Nothing else changes.

All of a sudden (this issue raised it's head after the camera unused for a while and the battery fully discharged when I was moving house), it began trying to override my manual exposure settings, ALWAYS switching my manual setting to one that was consistently overexposed. Very aggravating. If I move the thumbwheel slowly, it is more likely I will be able to get the setting correct, but if I move it quickly, it will always try to overexpose. It kinda jumps back to an overexposed setting. Sometimes it takes me two or three attempts to slowly nudge back to a correct exposure.

It's almost as though I have some kind of setting enabled that I am unaware of that is overriding or bracketing, but AFAIK nothing is set to be automatic at all. And if it's set on M for manual, shouldn't all automatics be disabled? What could it be?

Any ideas/insight gratefully received.
What brand is your camera? What model? Do you have a manual?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks to all who came up with ideas. I just returned it. My first return in, er, probably decades. I usually just "sell forward". Seller was not happy, and tried to fight it (dumbass) but he has already re-listed it, even though he hasn't received the return yet.

I will try and buy another one in a while. Meanwhile, back to using the old one. So OK, I guess some of you might have ideas on this: maybe I can fix the one I have.

The issue is that I have it set completely manual (ISO, WB, exposure settings), and I use the thumbwheel on the back to ratchet the exposure up and down a notch or few. Nothing else changes.

All of a sudden (this issue raised it's head after the camera unused for a while and the battery fully discharged when I was moving house), it began trying to override my manual exposure settings, ALWAYS switching my manual setting to one that was consistently overexposed. Very aggravating. If I move the thumbwheel slowly, it is more likely I will be able to get the setting correct, but if I move it quickly, it will always try to overexpose. It kinda jumps back to an overexposed setting. Sometimes it takes me two or three attempts to slowly nudge back to a correct exposure.

It's almost as though I have some kind of setting enabled that I am unaware of that is overriding or bracketing, but AFAIK nothing is set to be automatic at all. And if it's set on M for manual, shouldn't all automatics be disabled? What could it be?

Any ideas/insight gratefully received.

i have very similar workflow , fully manual . i set the iso , wb , and the exposure i set via thumbweel and aperture ring . in practice i will usually pick a fairly wide aperture and make adjustments with the shutter as needed during a shoot .

without having your camera make/model i could suggest programming your manual setup so another dial is used for the exposure adjustment that you're trying to make . on my rig ( pentax ) i have two wheels one in front and one in back plus an option to use the lens' native aperture ring . i've used the two wheels in the past for exposure but can reprogram functions and now i have a lens that is incompatible with the in-camera aperture adjustment so i abandoned the front wheel .

hope that makes sense . if it is a hardware issue and your thumbwheel is cooked you might be able to switch it out is what i'm getting at . another idea is to disable the light meter if you can . again when i shoot i find an exposure that works and just ride it and make any micro adjustments ( for instance stepping into a detail can require a bit of bracketing ) and review as i go

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
i have very similar workflow , fully manual . i set the iso , wb , and the exposure i set via thumbweel and aperture ring . in practice i will usually pick a fairly wide aperture and make adjustments with the shutter as needed during a shoot .

without having your camera make/model i could suggest programming your manual setup so another dial is used for the exposure adjustment that you're trying to make . on my rig ( pentax ) i have two wheels one in front and one in back plus an option to use the lens' native aperture ring . i've used the two wheels in the past for exposure but can reprogram functions and now i have a lens that is incompatible with the in-camera aperture adjustment so i abandoned the front wheel .

hope that makes sense . if it is a hardware issue and your thumbwheel is cooked you might be able to switch it out is what i'm getting at . another idea is to disable the light meter if you can . again when i shoot i find an exposure that works and just ride it and make any micro adjustments ( for instance stepping into a detail can require a bit of bracketing ) and review as i go
I haven't tried it yet, but this makes total intuitive sense. It's possible that when I brought the camera back into service I got something wrong resetting it to manual. Just couldn't figure out the glitch, but sure, if I messed with the aperture dial while trying to reset to manual, that might have torqued it. Also, yeah, I should make sure the light meter is off. Perhaps that runs in the background and needs to be actvely disabled. Makes sense that it might be the kind of thing that would cause overrides. BTW, the camera is a Canon S120. Thanks!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought on this with regards to the current climate on eBay? This shirt is tagged as slim fit large, and listing shows measurements (40” chest and 31.5” sleeves).

Will eBay reverse the case after return given the threat from the buyer?

IMG_5141.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but isn't the return automatically accepted when someone says it's defective? I don't see you winning the case or changing the buyer's mind.

It’s only automatic if you accept returns.

A few years ago, eBay would’ve closed this return request as fraudulent. The feedback extortion would’ve also been held against the buyer such that his feedback would be removed.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new one for your blocking consideration:

jeongyounki0

Haggled on a jacket I had for sale, I accepted his offer. Mailed it to what turns out to be a forwarding station in Oregon that sends stuff to Korea. USPS said the address was invalid & returned the item to me. eBay told me I could either refund his money minus shipping fees, or that he could pay additional shipping if he wanted me to send it again. He threatened to file a claim with Paypal. After consulting with eBay, I refunded his full payment. He then filed a claim with Paypal.

eddyroxx

Reaction score
Thought on this with regards to the current climate on eBay? This shirt is tagged as slim fit large, and listing shows measurements (40” chest and 31.5” sleeves).

Will eBay reverse the case after return given the threat from the buyer?

View attachment 2136017
I've had to deal with a few of these in the past.
Just accept the return and appeal later for the shipping charges, save yourself the headache.

RFHansen

Reaction score
A new one for your blocking consideration:

jeongyounki0

Haggled on a jacket I had for sale, I accepted his offer. Mailed it to what turns out to be a forwarding station in Oregon that sends stuff to Korea. USPS said the address was invalid & returned the item to me. eBay told me I could either refund his money minus shipping fees, or that he could pay additional shipping if he wanted me to send it again. He threatened to file a claim with Paypal. After consulting with eBay, I refunded his full payment. He then filed a claim with Paypal.

Seems like this guy is no longer on eBay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads