• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for folks here that have more eBay experience than I do: I bought a sport coat that was listed as a size 42. What I received is a 42L. I had interpreted ‘42’ as a ‘42R’

Would you all consider that mis-labeled? Or would you consider that my bad for not asking if it was a 42r, 42s, or 42l?

Also- let me know if any of you all are looking for a nice suit supply navy blazer in 42l.

Thanks for any thoughts you all might have.
Just takes practice. Get all the details. I've done the same. I've learned a lot in the process.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Quick question for the photography experts: I just bought a replacement Canon S120 to use for my eBay images. However, I believe the one I received (preowned but indistinguishable from new) has a sensor fault. Every image has the issue you can see in the one attached: an area of blowout in the top left corner. I also notice a generalized exposure gradient from L to R. I believe I duplicated every setting on the new camera against the one I had before (I have used this model of camera for years because it is light, efficient and can be set fully manual), so I don't think it's a missed setting. Anything this could be other than a sensor malfunction?

1707162504572.jpeg

1707162821377.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question for the photography experts: I just bought a replacement Canon S120 to use for my eBay images. However, I believe the one I received (preowned but indistinguishable from new) has a sensor fault. Every image has the issue you can see in the one attached: an area of blowout in the top left corner. I also notice a generalized exposure gradient from L to R. I believe I duplicated every setting on the new camera against the one I had before (I have used this model of camera for years because it is light, efficient and can be set fully manual), so I don't think it's a missed setting. Anything this could be other than a sensor malfunction?

View attachment 2126335

View attachment 2126341

are you using flash ? seems like more of a shutter issue with the side to side gradient .

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
are you using flash ? seems like more of a shutter issue with the side to side gradient .
Thanks for coming back to me on this. I don't use flash. The camera is set up manually using a white background for WB and an 18% gray card for exposure (which I then adjust a stop or two as needed using the thumbwheel). Lighting is entirely from LED strips, one above and two in front of the mannequin. For the flatlays, a single LED strip above, with the camera calibrated to its color temperature.

I'm going to return the camera, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before it goes in the mail. I have done side-by-side pix with each camera and my "old" one has no issue. I used the "new" one right out of the box for photographing a bunch of items in backlog, so I'll have to retake all of those. Grrrrr.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2126335

View attachment 2126341

Is there maybe something on the inside of the lens? Seems unlikely without a dSLR, but I’ve seen similar thing before.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hardly anything will be found to be ‘in violation of listing policy’ since AI makes the decisions on reported items.
So do we just sit back and and get drowned out in false listings or join in the bs to get seen and help mess up the search more than it is already?
We sit back while ebay lets buyers get screwed. I called ebay CS because a couple of sellers in China were using my pictures and descriptions for their counterfeit Thom Browne shirts. I was told "It is not a violation of ebay policies."

goatamous II

Reaction score
Is there a simple way to stop a BIN item from relisting automatically?
I know the term is "Good Till Cancelled" - i have some items that are ending in the next 20 hours that i'd like to cancel if they don't sell. Do i have to wait until the time is up or can I set it to cancel in advance?

haloitsme

Reaction score
Is there a simple way to stop a BIN item from relisting automatically?
I know the term is "Good Till Cancelled" - i have some items that are ending in the next 20 hours that i'd like to cancel if they don't sell. Do i have to wait until the time is up or can I set it to cancel in advance?
You can always cancel manually.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Looks like eBay's embryonic AI listing assistant needs a bit of work: "The blazer comes in a size 12, perfect for women of any size." Eh, wut?

William Kazak

Reaction score
Is there maybe something on the inside of the lens? Seems unlikely without a dSLR, but I’ve seen similar thing before.
I thought lens flare at first. I always use a lens hood to help prevent flare. A smudge on the sensor or lens if digital I would suspect after that. Food for future thought on such a situation. Some lenses can become peculiar; dirty or misaligned.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I thought lens flare at first. I always use a lens hood to help prevent flare. A smudge on the sensor or lens if digital I would suspect after that. Food for future thought on such a situation. Some lenses can become peculiar; dirty or misaligned.

Yeah, thanks to all who came up with ideas. I just returned it. My first return in, er, probably decades. I usually just "sell forward". Seller was not happy, and tried to fight it (dumbass) but he has already re-listed it, even though he hasn't received the return yet.

I will try and buy another one in a while. Meanwhile, back to using the old one. So OK, I guess some of you might have ideas on this: maybe I can fix the one I have.

The issue is that I have it set completely manual (ISO, WB, exposure settings), and I use the thumbwheel on the back to ratchet the exposure up and down a notch or few. Nothing else changes.

All of a sudden (this issue raised it's head after the camera unused for a while and the battery fully discharged when I was moving house), it began trying to override my manual exposure settings, ALWAYS switching my manual setting to one that was consistently overexposed. Very aggravating. If I move the thumbwheel slowly, it is more likely I will be able to get the setting correct, but if I move it quickly, it will always try to overexpose. It kinda jumps back to an overexposed setting. Sometimes it takes me two or three attempts to slowly nudge back to a correct exposure.

It's almost as though I have some kind of setting enabled that I am unaware of that is overriding or bracketing, but AFAIK nothing is set to be automatic at all. And if it's set on M for manual, shouldn't all automatics be disabled? What could it be?

Any ideas/insight gratefully received.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads