• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do as well. By their sizing I should be a 9.75 but 10 fits fine. Better to size up than down.
We can just get as close as we can on RTW
I just bought my first pair in my usual UK size but based on this it might be small. 🤣🤦🏽‍♂️
The newer stuff is higher volume so it won't be that bad probably. As long as your toes are okay its not massively different.

Jason16502

Reaction score
I happened to be in Victoria last week, and figured I’d make the pilgrimage to Viberg. I honestly just wanted to stock up on a few pairs of laces, brushes, etc (stuff I’m too cheap to pay shipping from CAN), but pleasantly surprised to see about a dozen pairs that I guess were either archive sale leftovers or samples. The salesman mentioned Brett wears a size is 9, which most of the pairs were, so I wondered if some could be one-offs? Either way, they had a pretty equal mix of Service Boots & Chelsea’s and one pair of plain toe 2030 Service Boots, Dianite sole, stitch down, in a CF Stead Tobacco Phoenex cow leather. They had never really been on my radar, but something about the leather just seemed perfect for a boot like this! I’ll also say this is a much more refined and dressier Viberg than my other pairs. The double row stitch down is perfect, tight, and close as hell! Beautiful workmanship, and although the tag said “QC - Leather Quality” I couldn’t see a thing wrong with them! They look absolutely perfect in my opinion.

Anyway, snapped a couple pics of the store, pretty non-descript location and service was a little whah-whah, but that’s ok. Love the boots and happy to see where they started their journey. I bought my first pair for my 30th birthday, and they remain one of the best boots I’ve owned.

Attachments

• IMG_3340.jpeg
    IMG_3340.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 169

orionz06

Reaction score
Have you tried any 2030 from the past couple of years? My feet are on the narrow side, and the changes they’ve made to the last have improved fit for me compared to boots from ‘17-18.
My latest pairs are from 2021, all still a little large for me. Length is fine, but the width was noted to be much better with C&J's, to the point where I went from wearing one of 15-20 pairs of Vibergs each day to not wearing a pair more than once a month.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest pairs are from 2021, all still a little large for me. Length is fine, but the width was noted to be much better with C&J's, to the point where I went from wearing one of 15-20 pairs of Vibergs each day to not wearing a pair more than once a month.
Sharp drop off that…

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I’ll check out some other lasts, or see if I can find an old 2030 to try out.

Out of curiosity, do you prefer half or a full size down from brannock in the current 2030? Or do you think you could do either?
Definitely check out other lasts. I avoid 2030 because of the toe rubbing at the size that feels right arch-length wise (11), which is a full size down from my heel to ball Brannock measurement (my HTB is 12C and my HTT is 11.5D).

I suppose I could size up, but a) I've tried on a few pairs in 11.5 (sample sale) and the alignment feels off, like my ball is shifted back up on the arch and b) my feet are low volume. I don't like wearing thick socks day-to-day - I've tried it and they just get too hot and sweaty.

The 2040 and 2020 lasts in 11 in medium socks are the best fit for me in any footwear I've tried, period. Like Crizzle says, don't compromise on fit.

BTW, keep in mind there are two mindset shifts I see in the way a lot of people here are sizing. One, which I think is absolutely correct, is to size relative to HTB, not HTT. I think a lot of people with longer HTB than HTT have poor fits because they size HTT. Two, is the recommendation to size down 0.5 rather than 1. Put them together and the recommendation goes up one full size from the "standard" advice of the past. For me that would be too big.
Got the size confirmation call from Jason. They are indeed the 2020 *E*.
Having these in hand now, I'm skeptical that they are not the standard 2020 D last. I don't own calipers to measure accurately, but the sole at the ball is the same width as my other 2020 pairs, and they don't feel any wider.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely check out other lasts. I avoid 2030 because of the toe rubbing at the size that feels right arch-length wise (11), which is a full size down from my heel to ball Brannock measurement (my HTB is 12C and my HTT is 11.5D).

I suppose I could size up, but a) I've tried on a few pairs in 11.5 (sample sale) and the alignment feels off, like my ball is shifted back up on the arch and b) my feet are low volume. I don't like wearing thick socks day-to-day - I've tried it and they just get too hot and sweaty.

The 2040 and 2020 lasts in 11 in medium socks are the best fit for me in any footwear I've tried, period. Like Crizzle says, don't compromise on fit.

BTW, keep in mind there are two mindset shifts I see in the way a lot of people here are sizing. One, which I think is absolutely correct, is to size relative to HTB, not HTT. I think a lot of people with longer HTB than HTT have poor fits because they size HTT. Two, is the recommendation to size down 0.5 rather than 1. Put them together and the recommendation goes up one full size from the "standard" advice of the past. For me that would be too big.

Having these in hand now, I'm skeptical that they are not the standard 2020 D last. I don't own calipers to measure accurately, but the sole at the ball is the same width as my other 2020 pairs, and they don't feel any wider.
Did you get the new 2020Es? They look a smidge wider, but that could just be the leather toe puffs doing funky stuff visually from some angles. I still have trust issues after WF ordered a 2050E/2030 chelsea a few years back and was given regular 2050Ds that were just stamped E or something

Jason16502

Reaction score
What’s on the rack?
The guy working the sales floor didn’t seem to have much info, or wasn’t feeling very talkative at least, so not 100% sure. I asked if I could go check it out and take a photo and he didn’t seem thrilled about that prospect, and fair enough. The Boots looked like a 310 in some type of textured leather. Not suede, maybe “aged bark” or something to that effect.

PeterHH2024

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to ask for your help. I have quite wide feet, and high insteps. Should I avoid the 2030, 2040 lasts and only focus on 1035? I really like their roughout service boots.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the new 2020Es? They look a smidge wider, but that could just be the leather toe puffs doing funky stuff visually from some angles. I still have trust issues after WF ordered a 2050E/2030 chelsea a few years back and was given regular 2050Ds that were just stamped E or something
Yeah the Natty CXL service boots that DR released with the brown 310s. It wouldn’t shock me if there was a miscommunication.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Natty CXL service boots that DR released with the brown 310s. It wouldn’t shock me if there was a miscommunication.
But it feels the same as your other 2020s?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence