• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah the 310 epitomized the Viberg aesthetic to me when I first discovered them. As I told a friend at the time, I want a boot that looks like what a cartoon character would fish out of a lake!

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. That's correct. The upturned toe on the 310 has really grown on me and will likely be my next Viberg

rf, this is my thinking as well. I just can't decide to wait around for a 310 last viberg or try to build something from Whites. The one thing that has me leaning toward an SJ is the arch-ease. I kinda want to give it a shot.

Its what drew me to Viberg. I love my White's but when they briefly opened made to order on the website, i JUMPED at it ;)

Vin, it's your boots that got me wanting an old-school work boot aesthetic. I had to look up old posts of yours to determine the last. What's the arch support like in yours? I love the feel of my 2040's but I'm getting more and more curious about Whites use of the arch-ease.

Boy could I have saved a bunch of money over the years. Wolverine 1K, RW, OSB and finally Viberg. Wish I listened to you and just ponied up for the good stuff earlier :)

^ Yeah the 310 epitomized the Viberg aesthetic to me when I first discovered them. As I told a friend at the time, I want a boot that looks like what a cartoon character would fish out of a lake!

that sums it up well for me too.

climbinglife

Reaction score
Patrick,

i think we might both be at fault. Without your insight on the 1K boots and you showing me the upscale stuff...well, i'd still be rocking the 1k's ;)

The Arch support in the White's is great. It took some getting used to when breaking them in, but i can go 12+ hours in my White's with no trouble at all. My foot starts to fatigue in my Vibergs roughly, after the 8 hour mark. That could be due to the fact that my Vibergs are a 1/2 size to big for me. Even with an insole I need to wear at least a medium weight sock with my 310 Service Boots. For dress and causal work(I'm a teacher), they are fine. If i'm walking all day or doing hard work as in needing "work" boots, i grab my White's.

I found out later that the C461 Last on my White's has the "least" arch ease of all the lasts they offer. Don;t ask me why, but thats what Kyle told me in an email exchange a while ago.

I've said this a million times lol, of both my boots, looks go to Viberg, between the three pairs i've had, construction goes to Viberg by the thinnest of margins and comfort and fit go to White's. All three boots i've owned has 1 small issue. Par for the course. I also got lucky with my Vibergs as they were one of the last MTO pairs before they stopped that service. they were also a little cheaper, then they are now.

I can't stress the importance of getting properly fit. My new White's being a full size smaller and lined are absolutely perfect.

My hope is in the Spring to do a pair of SD's in two tone horse hide. I really wanna try out the standard last and I don't have a pair of black boots and I also wanna try a different leather since my only experience with all the boots i've owned is CXL.

I also would really like to get the Viberg Hikers in Roughout. Missed out on those and would love a pair.

Last edited:

ihatelucy

Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger on the W+H collab, but seeing these got me rethinking...

(source: http://havenshop.ca/the_latest_news/introducing-cypress-3/)

Chop Chop

Reaction score
Lots of love for the 310 last on this page. We should do a 310 last for our next Style Forum MTO group purchase. Something along these lines:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads