• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

westie187

Reaction score
Quote: Quote from Guy Ferguson at Viberg:
Hey Pat,

Thanks for your interest and my apologies for the late reply. I would definitely stick to the 12 in the 2045 as well. It's more forgiving than the 2030 or 2040, but length wise it's essentially the same as our other offerings. If you need a hand with anything else just let me know.

Thanks,
Guy

My experience is that the 2030 is a narrower width. I usually wear a 13 in US sizes, occasionally a 12 1/2. I could never get a pair of Redwings to fit me right. I'm a 12 on the 4497 last/fitting 5 in Tricker's.​

Skell6009

Reaction score
Quote from Guy Ferguson at Viberg:
Hey Pat,

Thanks for your interest and my apologies for the late reply. I would definitely stick to the 12 in the 2045 as well. It's more forgiving than the 2030 or 2040, but length wise it's essentially the same as our other offerings. If you need a hand with anything else just let me know.

Thanks,
Guy

My experience is that the 2030 is a narrower width. I usually wear a 13 in US sizes, occasionally a 12 1/2. I could never get a pair of Redwings to fit me right. I'm a 12 on the 4497 last/fitting 5 in Tricker's.​
Thanks for that info. I've only tried on the 2030 in size 9 and 8.5 and I feel in between sizes if that's even possible. The length was just right on the 8.5 but the width was a touch too tight, while the length on the 9 was a little loose but perfect in the width. I spoke with Guy about this regarding the 110 last and he said an 8.5 in the 110 would probably be ideal for me. I'm wondering if that would also apply with the 2045. I do like the boondocker they have in the 2045 last on the website but I hear they are gonna come out with a raw cord sole option in the future so I'm waiting for that.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Thanks,
Guy

My experience is that the 2030 is a narrower width. I usually wear a 13 in US sizes, occasionally a 12 1/2. I could never get a pair of Redwings to fit me right. I'm a 12 on the 4497 last/fitting 5 in Tricker's.
Thanks for that info. I've only tried on the 2030 in size 9 and 8.5 and I feel in between sizes if that's even possible. The length was just right on the 8.5 but the width was a touch too tight, while the length on the 9 was a little loose but perfect in the width. I spoke with Guy about this regarding the 110 last and he said an 8.5 in the 110 would probably be ideal for me. I'm wondering if that would also apply with the 2045. I do like the boondocker they have in the 2045 last on the website but I hear they are gonna come out with a raw cord sole option in the future so I'm waiting for that.

You have to always take sizing advice with a grain of salt as feet are just different. I'm a 8D TTS and I went with a 7.5 for both the 2030 and 2045. I feel I maybe should have (or could have) gone with a 7 for 2045, but the 7.5 with thicker socks is ideal. But...I could NOT have gone down to a 7 in the 2030. Most advice is to stick with the same size in the 2030 and 2045 but my feet (or preferences) might be different.

westie187

Reaction score
I'm with Bootspell on that.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with Bootspell on that.

cheers.gif

I'm just so jealous of your acquisition. One day...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep your calendars open. Sample sale part 2 this Monday (August 11) at noon PST.

http://instagram.com/p/rdKHynrpn6/

Roughout cordovan in the background...

My wallet is empty but I suppose I better still check it out. Monday is my birthday so maybe I will hit the jackpot on a 2030 Boondocker.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roughout cordovan in the background...

My wallet is empty but I suppose I better still check it out. Monday is my birthday so maybe I will hit the jackpot on a 2030 Boondocker.

My birthday is in about 45 minutes. I already blew 3k on shoes, clothes and some other toys in NYC for my "birthday" but if a black non shell boot is up, I'm going to have to sell a kidney.

Here's hoping for happy birthdays for us both!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is rough out cordovan?

Maybe Roughout is the wrong term for cordovan since it isn't rough. The pic from Instagram looks like the leather is inside out.

My birthday is in about 45 minutes. I already blew 3k on shoes, clothes and some other toys in NYC for my "birthday" but if a black non shell boot is up, I'm going to have to sell a kidney.

Here's hoping for happy birthdays for us both!

Have yourself a great birthday tomorrow!

Last edited:

rutabaga

Reaction score
Maybe Roughout is the wrong term for cordovan since it isn't rough. The pic from Instagram looks like the leather is inside out.
Have yourself a great birthday tomorrow!

I'd just call it reverse cordovan, if that's the outside of the boot.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone compare the sizing to Redwings on the 2030 last?

If i am 11 in Red wings (normally 11.5) would I also be 11 in the 2030 last?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads