• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

zr3rs

Reaction score
Just made my first order for some ties! Just out of curiousity, I got an email saying my items weren't in stock and were being made then shipped out. Is this common for others or have others experienced this as well? I assumed that these ties were not MTO, correct?

I am always ordering a custom size, but I think that, now that they regularly offer custom sizes, they switched to not stock a lot of standard sizes. They make them in-house anyway, so it is just a few days, and it is worth it.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahh i see. Thanks for the info. I actually went standard to avoid any kind of wait but its all good.

Yeah, no need to do standard next time if you want a different size - they are super fast about it and getting exactly what you want is a huge benefit. Which ones did you pick up?

My last order has no doubt arrived at home but I won't be back until the 20th to see them!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've gotten a Vanda that hadn't received the same treatment.

To me, that makes it an even sweeter deal, as I KNOW that the tie (even with standard dimensions) is being made for me.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just made my first order for some ties! Just out of curiousity, I got an email saying my items weren't in stock and were being made then shipped out. Is this common for others or have others experienced this as well? I assumed that these ties were not MTO, correct?

@zr3rs is spot-on. We're a small team of 3 in the workshop, so it's almost impossible for us to keep ready stock for all ~200 varieties of ties you see on the website. If you order a standard sized tie though, it generally ships faster than custom ties as we tend to have the tie partially completed, linings pre-cut, etc.

Also, the lead time is usually under a week unless it's peak season (e.g. Christmas).

Off topic, but here's a little teaser of the Japanese cotton Olive Seersucker tie to be released in about 9 hours from now:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the navy seersucker...a cloth I hope to have a suit from in the near future too haha.

I'm hoping there are more fun summery type ties coming down the pipeline soon!

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered the navy seersucker...a cloth I hope to have a suit from in the near future too haha.

I'm hoping there are more fun summery type ties coming down the pipeline soon! 

i got mine from the first run and its a great tie! I just took delivery of my grey hopsack and another striped block tie which are both absolutely amazing. No surprise there lol

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the navy self-stripe grenadine, in use for the first time today:

It's a lovely tie, perfect for summer, and ties a great knot. Thumbs up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads