• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamboo

Reaction score
Quote:
I read two shades of brown are available. They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner. I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.

Swede66

Reaction score

I read two shades of brown are available.  They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner.  I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.

Rumors say that the tannery is insolvent and may go inte bankruptcy. Let's hope they manage to get it up and running again.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I read two shades of brown are available. They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner. I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.
That's what I've heard as well. here is a picture Rezso sent me (I think the darker one is called +8 and lighter one -8)
All of ours were done with the darker museum calf.

H
How is the museum calf in real life? Similar to JL?
I've had the JL museum calf loafer (which I've sold few weeks back) and couldnt tell the difference. They are quite beautiful.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps someone, my sizing in vass:

7.5Uk c&j last 348
7uk rain carmina
7uk AS last 724
40.5 vass u last
It would help me sir if I knew what your foot measured on the brannock device in US sizing.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does vass have a calfskin of this color?

I think they have a red cognac color, is it like this?

Last edited:

obama

Reaction score
Hi, i have a small sizing question. Would appreciate any input. My best fit Vass is a OE II F last in size 40F. The width is perfect. The heel is a bit roomy but not enough for heel slip. The toe part is a bit long as I prefer my toe to reach farther to the shoe tip. I also experimented the 39.5G, which is a bit snug but I think it will become more comfortable when break in. Comparing both sizes, I prefer the 40F fit. So, I think I am on the small size of 40F.

I am going to order a double monk in U last. My question is given I am a smaller 40F in F last, do I need to go 0.5 size up (so 40.5F) for U-last as recommended by some members here? Does double monk wear any smaller/ bigger compared to the Oxford models, such as Melton and OE II? Thanks.

The new museum calf in gold color for reference:
A8674515-C509-4C5F-A532-696BD86DB85E-4912-00000410CD323125.jpg

Zarium

Reaction score
I can't say whether a double monk will wear smaller/bigger compared to oxfords, but judging on the vamp opening of the shoes above, I would size up to 40.5 for the U. I wear a size 40.5 on Vass' U last too, but in regular width.

I must add that the museum calf in gold looks good.

obama

Reaction score
Zarium, lucky to find someone wearing the size 40.5 F (standard width) in U-last. Does it fit you perfectly? Do you have sizing references on other lasts, eg F last, Carmina Rain/ Robert last , or C&J 348 last?

I must echo that the gold museum is a very nice color in person. Depending on what color of the top you usually wear though. I found it less versatile than other darker choices, eg dark cognac, bourdeux, and museum dark brown. A drawback for me as I do not have a wide collection.

I can't say whether a double monk will wear smaller/bigger compared to oxfords, but judging on the vamp opening of the shoes above, I would size up to 40.5 for the U. I wear a size 40.5 on Vass' U last too, but in regular width.

I must add that the museum calf in gold looks good.

Zarium

Reaction score
The U last fits me perfectly. I don't know what size I wear for the F last since my only experience with it is with two pairs of size 41 shoes that never fit me properly, but if I were to get a pair made on that last I'd get it done in size 40.

The other last that fits me as well as Vass' U is Meermin's Olfe. I take a UK 6.5. I also take a 6.5 for Meermin's Ama last.

I have two pairs of C&Js -- Westfield and Belgrave that I also wear 6.5 in, but those don't really fit me all that well and are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. I attribute this to simply the lasts being unsuitable for my feet, because size-wise they're correct.

Swede66

Reaction score

Hi, i have a small sizing question. Would appreciate any input. My best fit Vass is a OE II F last in size 40F. The width is perfect. The heel is a bit roomy but not enough for heel slip. The toe part is a bit long as I prefer my toe to reach farther to the shoe tip. I also experimented the 39.5G, which is a bit snug but I think it will become more comfortable when break in. Comparing both sizes, I prefer the 40F fit. So, I think I am on the small size of 40F.

I am going to order a double monk in U last. My question is given I am a smaller 40F in F last, do I need to go 0.5 size up (so 40.5F) for U-last as recommended by some members here? Does double monk wear any smaller/ bigger compared to the Oxford models, such as Melton and OE II? Thanks.

The new museum calf in gold color for reference:
A8674515-C509-4C5F-A532-696BD86DB85E-4912-00000410CD323125.jpg

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads