• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.

Interesting. Thought the general consensus is to size up half from F last to U last.

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
Is it difficult to get a MTO done directly from Vass, and what's the price range for their shoes and boots?

Last edited:

obama

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. You deleted my thought for going for 40 as I wear UK 7 in both C&J and Merrmin. So, I should at least for for 40.5.
The U last fits me perfectly. I don't know what size I wear for the F last since my only experience with it is with two pairs of size 41 shoes that never fit me properly, but if I were to get a pair made on that last I'd get it done in size 40.

The other last that fits me as well as Vass' U is Meermin's Olfe. I take a UK 6.5. I also take a 6.5 for Meermin's Ama last.

I have two pairs of C&Js -- Westfield and Belgrave that I also wear 6.5 in, but those don't really fit me all that well and are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. I attribute this to simply the lasts being unsuitable for my feet, because size-wise they're correct.

obama

Reaction score

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.

Yes. I am also thinking whether I should go up in size or width. Now I will try the former one to achieve a sleeker shape.

tcideneb

Reaction score

Beutiful shoe!

I do not have any Us but tried it at the store and if I were to buy, I would buy the same size as I do for the F.

Are those gold museums from Vass?? They are STUNNIng! What model is that if you don't mind me asking?

obama

Reaction score
Melton in F last single sole by vass

I do not have any Us but tried it at the store and if I were to buy, I would buy the same size as I do for the F.

Are those gold museums from Vass?? They are STUNNIng! What model is that if you don't mind me asking?

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received these F last G width.

Swede66

Reaction score

I wear the same size in U and F.  Never even heard the suggestion of altering size as between these lasts until now.

Rezsö suggested that I should go 0.5 size up in U vs F at first, but later came back and said that Mr Vass suggested to start by trying the same size as in F last. Since the 41F I had in F last was tight I sent the measurement of my metatarsal width on my dominant foot and he changed his recommendation to 41G, which in the fit me perfect.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
Is it difficult to get a MTO done directly from Vass, and what's the price range for their shoes and boots?

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in. You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design). He sends you a quote. You wire money to him. Wait around 8 to 12 weeks. Receive your shoes. Post in this thread.

With MTO, you are better off emailing Reszo as price is very material dependent (calf, shell, calf museum).

Swede66

Reaction score

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in.  You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design).  He sends you a quote.  You wire money to him.  Wait around 8 to 12 weeks.  Receive your shoes.  Post in this thread.  

With MTO, you are better off emailing Reszo as price is very material dependent (calf, shell, calf museum).  

And if you aren't sure about size, Rezsö is happy to assist in advising you.
I've done two MTO's this year and production time has been around six weeks in both cases.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in.  You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design).  He sends you a quote.  You wire money to him.  Wait around 8 to 12 weeks.  Receive your shoes.  Post in this thread.  

And if you aren't sure about size, Rezsö is happy to assist in advising you.
I've done two MTO's this year and production time has been around six weeks in both cases.

Has anyone heard from Reszo? Is there a specific email address besides the general VASS email? No response yet.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone heard from Reszo? Is there a specific email address besides the general VASS email? No response yet.

I just heard from him today. He's having a problem with his laptop and told me that he wouldn't be able to respond to emails regularly before Wednesday of next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads