• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ElementHU

Reaction score

Thanks stmaier! Your NST boots looks amazing btw!!!! It was the darker museum calf that they had. How did your sizing work out btw? Im curious...if you dont mind, what do you usually take in UK (Carminas) & what was your Vass size? (sorry if you already answered this) Here is another one for my friend in museum calf btw!
Those look outstanding!

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vass sizing is all over the place. simonc, stmaier, and myself all take a 11uk in carmina but our vass sizing is all over the map. for example in the P2, stmaier is a 45.5, simonc a 46, and im a 46.5, this according to what betty told me in person. It seems like vass marks their pairs inconsistently from one pair to the next. for example, when I ordered my f-last norweger via email, reszo recommended i go with a 45 in the f last (based on my measurements and other shoe sizes). upon delivery, i noticed the shoes were unmarked with a size however the trees were - 45. the trees fit a little small imo, so im guessing my f last norweger is really a 45.5. when I was at vass, I tried on the p2, peter, and 3536, all size 46.5 according to betty. i was a bit confused by the inconsistency so I asked reszo to review my f last norweger order from earlier in the year and he said they were a 46.

so if im to take vass sizing recommendation at face value, for a uk11 carmina:

p2, peter, 3636 - 46.5
f last (sep '12) - 46
f last (april '13) - 46
based off what betty told me, im a 47 in f last however the pair i received is 45.5.

Namor,

Can't see how you would be 47 in F

All my Carmina's are 12 Uk. With the exception of a monk strap cordovan in Forest which is 11.5UK

In order of "huggines"

Simpson oxford calf (2)
Alcudia Blutcher calf (1)
Forest monk cordovan (11.5K) (1)
Rain Blutcher boot suede (1)
Rain Oxford suede (1)
Uetam loafer suede (1)
Forest Loafer suede ( need insole) (1)

Vass F last oxford 47 (3)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks man ill make sure to order the right size before ordering. Not sure what to get though

fllick

Reaction score
Hope this helps someone, my sizing in vass:

7.5Uk c&j last 348
7uk rain carmina
7uk AS last 724
40.5 vass u last

stmaier

Reaction score
I've seen the R last mentioned a couple of times recently. I am not familiar with this one. How does it compare to the P2, U and F? From the one pic it seems similar to the U (square toe) but not quite as narrow toward the toe.

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone identify the color and lay for the this awesome double monk?

Also, how do you like the double monk vs the double monk extra? Thanks.

Double monk is Oxblood, R last.

Definitely not the R-last. To me, it looks like K-last. Oxblood seems correct though.

I've seen the R last mentioned a couple of times recently. I am not familiar with this one. How does it compare to the P2, U and F? From the one pic it seems similar to the U (square toe) but not quite as narrow toward the toe.

R-last is a bit rounder and more traditionally British (think C&J 236-last) and a bit more rounded than F. I'd say somewhere between F and P2 in look. Haven't tried them though, so can't say much about the fit.

tcideneb

Reaction score
H
Thanks stmaier! Your NST boots looks amazing btw!!!! It was the darker museum calf that they had. How did your sizing work out btw? Im curious...if you dont mind, what do you usually take in UK (Carminas) & what was your Vass size? (sorry if you already answered this) Here is another one for my friend in museum calf btw!
How is the museum calf in real life? Similar to JL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads