• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gsugsu

Reaction score

Which pictures? Show which models you mean and I will try to explain, or hopefully someone more knowledgeable like Son of Saphir (wherever he is).
I believe he is referring to then two boots on the left
]http:// [/URL]

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hmm, I can see the confusion: neither of the "norweger" boots appear to have "norvegese" stitching. Norwegian in style, but not in construction. They both appear to have a goodyear-type welt. The stitching on the vamp is different on each of them, one like Vass's regular "Norwegian" derbies (far left), and the other with a shorter "lake" and longer "split", and more prominent stitching, to the right of it, which I think is what they call their "Osloer" boot.

The big difference between them, apart from the stylistic variations in stitching, is the lasts. Far left and second from left are, I think, the Peter and New Peter respectively, with the latter much sleeker. For completeness, the black wingtip also looks like the New Peter last, and the brown suede/leather short wingtip looks like the "K" last.

Feel free, anyone, to correct me if this is all complete rubbish. It wouldn't be the first time.
facepalm.gif

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to order that round stitch split-toe in gibson on natural sole and rubber [ATTACHMENT=4228]newpeter.jpeg (115k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT].

gsugsu

Reaction score
Does Vass do Dainite soles for MTO orders. I'm waiting to hear from them but thought I would ask here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah-- some soft crepe soles or honey-colored vibram would be a nice addition to their lineup.

gsugsu

Reaction score
An alternative to lugged Vibram would be great. I really wanted to do two winter boots: 1 balmoral and one blucher, but I need something that maintains the look of a leather sole and works with snow and wet. Double leather is fine in the snow for short distances but the problem is when I come inside, I seem to get a ton of heel slippage on marble, terrazzo or tile floors at work. Doesn't matter what shoes. I'm tired of walking gingerly and still having my heel unexpectedly slip and almost talking a tumble. I could do EG or GG MTO but by the time 16 weeks rolls around I'll have been slipping for almost 3 months. A 4 to 6 week Vass turnaround would have been great.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They can topy a sole, they do it very nice. It will help with your slippage problem and still look good.

Cal135

Reaction score

Does Vass do Dainite soles for MTO orders. I'm waiting to hear from them but thought I would ask here.
Vass can use Dainite, but you need to send them the sole/heel components. I Just bought three Dainite sets for future boots / sole replacements.

Lumaca

Reaction score
I am loving the closed-lacing ankle boots. The monk boots looks delicious, but the combo of brown suede and black leather is not doing it for me.

Jaygatsby28

Reaction score
gsugsu, please keep us informed on what you end up doing. I am thinking of the same thing right now. Live in NYC with frequent trips to Boston that I need a good winter boot for that preserves the look of leather soles. Thinking of going cordovan with the commando right now. Last few years been using my LL Beans and changing shoes at the office.

ncdobson

Reaction score
FWIW, those of you in the US trying to figure out payment options might want to consider Western Union. That was Mr. Kuti's suggestions when my bank balked at a wire transfer. It was a little confusing & a slight hassle to jump through the online hoops, but I will end up paying $548 for wiring (from my bank acct) 115,100 HUF to Vass for a pair of scotchgrain NST on the 3636 last. According to online converters, the market rate for 115,100 HUF is about $542, so Western Union doesn't seem to be jacking up the conversion rate. I wired the money on Fri. & had to wait til Mon. to get a security ID # from my bank to complete the transaction. Vass is supposed to have the money by Fri. I'll post again when the shoes arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads