• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red and cream raw silk.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The shirt is woven with a dark tick that gives it an Oxford-ish look, but it's actually pretty smooth.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have one Drakes tie, which is very nice, but you may not get much pro/con discussion in here since this is Vanda's official sponsored thread.

If you want more opinions you might try asking in either of these threads, which are more heavily trafficked anyway:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/375309/noodles-good-natured-advice-thread-improving-a-business-wardrobe/
http://www.styleforum.net/t/508123/neckties-a-discussion-thread/

I like the designs both makers offer, but what sold me personally on giving Vanda a shot was the ability to choose the width and length, since I'm a small dude and need a shorter tie.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi gents,

We would like to know how we can serve your needs better!

Please spare us five minutes of your time to complete our survey (link below). To thank you for your effort, you may choose between free regular shipping, or 10% off your total bill, so be sure to click through till the end.

The survey and discount codes will be valid till 2359hrs on 24 Nov (Tuesday), GMT+8.

Click here to start the survey now: http://goo.gl/forms/Y9wkneuaMf

Cheers,
Gerald

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the ties compare to Drakes?

I only have one Drakes tie, which is very nice, but you may not get much pro/con discussion in here since this is Vanda's official sponsored thread.

Needless to say Gerald and Diana don't weigh in on stuff like this -- and I think this is not a sponsored thread from Vanda, but rather a fan thread? -- but I'll contribute.

I think Vanda ties are superior to Drakes in both quality and value. I've had a few Drakes and they're great ties, but I've found the handwork and fabrics to be finer on Vandas. I've sold all my Drakes at this point and nearly only buy ties from Vanda. The construction on Drakes is a bit more traditional, and if that's what you're looking for, they're a great option. But I'm more interested in the expression of the fabric than the expression of whatever lining/image the maker has in mind, so I've stuck with Vanda through and through. Gerald and Diana also offer a personal touch that you can only get with a small outfit, which I appreciate. I also find they're extremely creative in sourcing new and interesting fabrics, and have a greater range of textures than most other makers.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with this speaker ^

I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.

bradp

Reaction score

I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.

bounce2.gif

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cheers.gif

I'd say my closet is pretty similar to @justinkapur 's. I have 2 non-Vanda ties I wear regularly and about 20 Vandas I wear regularly. Plus, 10 squares or so. Oh and all my Vandas are 3.25" x 59", my favored tie dimensions. It's just good to know when you put the thing on that it's exactly what you want.

I should also say that a few of the ties are from their very first collection and look good as new. So I know when I buy one it'll last forever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads