• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was driving so Wes was drinking. But Im telling you - there is nothing funnier than thrifting with DrunkSpoo
2122.png
. Its a barrel of laughs.

The funniest thing is trademarking DrunkSpoo in that response!

I always wondered where people got their user names?

I'm curious about a bunch of names on here:

@SpooPoker
@TheNeedMachine
@barrelntrigger
@FlorianQC
@Bahljs
@capnwes
@Jompso
@Orgetorix
@GMMcL

AND others that I can't remember right now.

My name isn't that exciting, but I'll tell you anyway. When I was in law school, I wanted to be a law professor (to some extent, I still do) or a Judge. When I went on ebay to set up a user name (just to buy back in 2002), I tried herecomesthejudge first. That was taken. I tried a 1 or 2 professor varieties and came up with NobleProfessor.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@capnwes
Was working as a kitchen manager at a rib place back home. One of the old guys who worked prep was retired navy. He kinda gave everyone nicknames for their ranking. I was the captain. That was about the same time we got our first computer with the internet (2004 believe it or not, lol) so my email address went along with what everyone was calling me. So, it's still in use, though we moved to PA shortly after that and it is pretty much irrelevant now.

Capnwes was taken on ebay when I started. Though that asshole has not been active for like 14 years.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@SpooPoker

I used to play semi-pro poker, and my style was very reckless, and I would call down everyone to the river, even with ridiculous cards - but I had strategy and odds down pat, so I won lots of times. Everyone else played by the books, but I played with my gut. I played with my high school buddies, and we used to joke-insult each other with racial epithets all the time. It was all out of love as we were all like brothers for so long. Being Puerto Rican and Jewish (INORITE, me and Geraldo Rivera), they put together **** and Jew and came up with spoo. They dubbed it "Spoo-poker" every time I won a hand I "shouldn't" have. I had 3-8 off suit, flopped 4-5-7, and called raised against pocket aces, and found that 6 on the river and scooped the pot, they would say "theres that ******* spoo poker again, I need to learn that ****".

good times.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i was a kid i watched jack clark hit a pinch hit walk off. i thought that was super cool.

even cooler was the fact that he wore the number 00 with the padres. twice zero!

so, not a james bond thing but it is super redundant.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheNeedMachine

When I first joined SF, I was ATLnoob, but there was already ATLjon, another user named noob (and now we have noob in 89)...but someone would always write "Hey ATL" or "Hey noob" and it got confusing, so I changed my SF name to my eBay store name...which just comes from a song by a friend of mine, and was meant to sort of invoke a thing that creates desire, as in, you should buy my **** to feed your need for clothes.

Somewhat related side-note: the friend with the song had some record cover artwork done by lowbrow / kustom kulture artist The Pizz, who passed away last Sat...anyone into that whole Robert Williams / Joe Coleman / Ausgang / Tiki / Surf / Skate / Shag / Rat Fink / etc scene has probably seen his work. Suicide. Bummer. Here's one thing: LINK.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@SpooPoker
@TheNeedMachine
@barrelntrigger
@FlorianQC
@Bahljs
@capnwes
@Jompso
@Orgetorix
@GMMcL

AND others that I can't remember right now.

My name isn't that exciting, but I'll tell you anyway. When I was in law school, I wanted to be a law professor (to some extent, I still do) or a Judge. When I went on ebay to set up a user name (just to buy back in 2002), I tried herecomesthejudge first. That was taken. I tried a 1 or 2 professor varieties and came up with NobleProfessor.

When I was a kid my parents named me Florian.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And he is/soon will be a lawyer, hence Queen's Counsel. Or QC.

Mine's a lot less original. You see, I joined StyFo not realizing that people came up with creative, elaborate, labyrinthine nicknames. So I went with something pretty close to home.

Last edited:

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And he is/soon will be a lawyer, hence Queen's Counsel. Or QC.

Mine's a lot less original.
Lawyers? I eat lawyers for breakfast :p

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quebec City.

Oh. My mistake. Sorry I thought I remembered you saying you were in law school. Must have been one of your fellow Candian Countrymen.

What's the QC for then? Just your last initials?
Ahhhhhhhhhh.

It's actually the short "name" for the province of Québec but Quebec City works too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads