• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
yes.

and bring the shirt.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have something fun to show you all later.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Part 2 C (Everything else)

Polo Suicide Ski

Polo Tartan , Polo Silk/Cotton Side tab, BB Seer

Big/Tall Fredrick

Big Tall BB

Pringle

J Peterman

RRL

Polo Sport

Tweed Vest, Deadstock FD Vest

Vintage Broadway (possibly) Theatre Costume by Eaves Costume Co.
Tweed Tail Coat

3 Piece Tweed

Hickey Freeman, Burberry, Natazzi Cash/Wool, Polo

Polo Cord, Polo Cord, Harris, Off Brand Barleycorn Tweed

BB Silk, Victor LP Cashmere, Burberry, Canali

Super Recent Samuelsohn, Southwick, Oxxford, JAB

BB Italy, Hugo Boss, NWT Big/Tall Victor, BB

Canali, Hickey Freeman, BB, Hickey Freeman

Sammy, Pal Zileri, marital aid, Hugo Boss

Canali, Hickey Freeman

Burberry, Uber Recent Samuelsohn

German Trachten

Massimo Bizzocchi x Martin Greenfield, Mach III (Also Bizzocchi) x Martin Greenfield

Both made for Daniel Raymont, Actor who also works with Massimo Bizzocchi

This guy....
http://massimobizzocchi.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
91g8cRfFhpL._UX569_.jpg

Whelp, I was so stoked to find this one, eager both to detourn a bit of the old evil iconography and to give a shout-out to Alex P. Keaton all in one go, but alas...it's already just a ****** mass-market hipster thing. Oh well. Still good for the beach.

if its original, its very cool! I would wear it even if it wasn't. I have an ORIGINAL Reagan Bush 84 shirt. I see the people with the new ones every once in a while.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping my search for a vintage leather jacket that actually fits me has ended today, guess I will see later this week

ReubenR

Reaction score
Vintage Broadway (possibly) Theatre Costume by Eaves Costume Co.
Tweed Tail Frock Coat

Very nice, a frock coat in something other than heavyweight navy or black. I could use a new ratcatcher coat, though there's one more button than I'm technically entitled to. I could probably make it work, though, and it's actually the right number for my father. Shoot me some details, Wes?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice, a frock coat in something other than heavyweight navy or black. I could use a new ratcatcher coat, though there's one more button than I'm technically entitled to. I could probably make it work, though, and it's actually the right number for my father. Shoot me some details, Wes?
That's it. I could not think of the right word.

Hella small for you bro. About a 38 or so.

Last edited:

ReubenR

Reaction score
That's it. I could not think of the right word.

Hella small for you bro. About a 38 or so.

Damn, usually are. Anyway, quick primer for interested parties:

Tailcoat: still occasionally worn on horseback, but mostly worn for formal hunt balls nowadays

Shadbelly: halfway between a frock coat and a tailcoat. Not commonly worn.

Frock coat, the more common option for formal hunt attire. Black or navy with black buttons until you earn your colors, when you're given a set of brass buttons with the hunt's emblem and replace the collar with a piece of felt in the primary color of the hunt. Women replace the collar and buttons on their black/navy jacket, while men will add the buttons and colors to a scarlet coat. The number of buttons on a coat is important as well, normal members have three buttons, staff and masters (owner of the hounds and maybe a few other particularly senior/respected/skilled members) have four, and five buttons is reserved for the huntsman (the person who actually hunts the hounds) and masters who hunt their own hounds.

There's plenty more detail to the various levels and sub levels of proper hunt attire, but that's enough for a brief introduction. Why this matters to y'all as thrifters is that there's not really any budget offerings for hunt attire and even relatively worn secondhand gear can go for a pretty penny if you wait for the right buyer. New men's frock coats run $700-900 and don't go on sale, while new tailcoats are hard to find under a grand.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THE KNOWLEDGE BOX NEEDED LIST :

This is a list of stuff that is needed for the Know Box.
Some of this was already spoken for and has not come in.
Send me a PM if you have a contribution for the Know Box
so we can finalize the list and start sending the box around
to interested SF members.

Grenadine Fina
Real Alligator/Croc (I have some alive near my house, but need a dead one)
Stamped Alligator/Croc) (I wouldn't advise stomping or stamping on one myself)
Real Versace Tie

The list has made its way down to a few things. If you can come up with any of these
four please send a PM!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still reading my way through several pages of posts. I did read @SpooPoker 's prediction that someone was experiencing the thriftening. So, I am excited to get through those pages and find out!

I did find a few things over the last few days. This is definitely an odd mix of things:

I went an auction and bought an piece tea set 8 saucers, 8 cups for $4. Thrift Vader did a little research for me and these are likely Chinese.

Here is a group shot of the rest of the items. Weird collection, huh?

This is a vintage Winchester Shooting/Hunting vest that even has the quilted shoulder pad.

Next up is an old School Pendleton Old Guy hat!

Another Hat (Fedora this time) it is just dusty.

Pendleton Driving Cap

A Harley Davidson Jean Jacket for Boys (size 12/14). I don't know if I should just hang onto this for my son (he is only 4) or sell it.

An E-Thrift for myself. I'm a Redskins fan. Its been a long couple of decades being a Redskins fan. They haven't really been good since I was a kid and late high school.

A Harvey's Seatbelt Purse (this one was made for Mercedes Benz and even has the 3 pointed star on the snap). Its pretty cool.

A really cool MDina Paperweight.

A Canon DIGITAL EOS Rebel XT. I may retire my Nikon and keep this or I might sell this. It came with everything except the charger for the battery.

One of those cool shoe shine thingamajigs. It only cost $3.50 and it works!

A set of 4 1968 Oldsmobile Wheel Covers. They are a one year only design, but they fit every model made in 1968. They are dirty, but in very good shape.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties
Ties
Ties
of all kinds, who wants them?
Probably 150 in there, on top of my other offering in the posts prior to this, in which deals are still pending. I'll trade these all for some nice shoes/quality ties. Brands vary greatly; Polo, JAB, Brooks Brothers, all that.
Trying to pass the generosity on that's been shown to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads