• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Been watching ST and Marcus tonight as well. Someone needs to start a kickstarter to get him a new belt tho - that Hermes is getting tired (though I wouldn't doubt he has one for every day of the week). American Greed is another guilty pleasure.

feeling a gyro right about now.

agreed on the H belt.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second order thrift. I recently came back from visiting my family in India. Gave a pile of mostly thrifted clothes to my tailor to fix.

6 shirts, 5 pairs of pants, and a staple charcoal HSM interview suit that he altered for me (some shirts and pants he had to recut entirely). Not all pictured. Also not pictured: an A&S flannel blazer that had a few holes that he had reweave.

I think this arrangement is going to work just fine.

The cost:

$35. I knew it was going to cost something ridiculous like this so I got him a pair of german-made tailor shears from here.

My search for the perfect trouser fit has ended.

http://www.ivy-style.com/full-rise-narrow-leg-the-ivy-style-khaki-project.html

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been watching ST and Marcus tonight as well. Someone needs to start a kickstarter to get him a new belt tho - that Hermes is getting tired (though I wouldn't doubt he has one for every day of the week). American Greed is another guilty pleasure.

X2!!! I have watched every episode of American Greed on Hulu... twice.

Tom Pepper

Reaction score
Stoked that my Brioni SC eBay purchase that I thought was all wool turned out to be 70/30 cashmere/silk.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stoked that my Brioni SC eBay purchase that I thought was all wool turned out to be 70/30 cashmere/silk.

Senior Member!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just off topic for a second - the only better hours of tv than shark tank and the profit are back to back american pickers and hoarders, followed by intervention.

carry on.

Am I the only one who's seen something really cool or something they collect on an episode of Hoarders, watch the said item(s) get tossed into a dumpster and then want to cry?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who's seen something really cool or something they collect on an episode of Hoarders, watch the said item(s) get tossed into a dumpster and then want to cry?
The first step to admitting you have a problem is acknowledging the fact that.... you've seen something on hoarders that was thrown out and it nearly brought you to tears haha

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it odd that I never find a single Nicky Milano tie in a thrift store. I always find them in multiples. Part of today's tie haul: Nicky x 22!
(the two in the middle of the bottom row are really cool raw silk)

Not from Philly..right?!
baldy[1].gif

Great finds either way though!

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just off topic for a second - the only better hours of tv than shark tank and the profit are back to back american pickers and hoarders, followed by intervention.

carry on.

No love for Pawn Stars?
Love the pickers...im gonna let you in or something there are also two Canadian Pickers.true look it up.
I love how Mike always seems to be a poet at heart and Frank just wants to get home to h's cat

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No you did not.

Thanks for throwing me this bone, Spoo...

Now I'll only feel half-bad about exposing you to part one of MY AWESOME CLOSET THRIFTING ADVENTURE!!!!

Onto the pics, gentleman....

Quickly now. I hear a stirring downstairs, and I believe that Past Me is beginning to suspect something --

GooniesMyDream.jpg

Here are some of the various labels I unearthed. I'll spare you the buckets of pony items for now (though to me, those are pretty awesome, too). My brother absconded with the remaining flag sweatshirt, but the other two still got my name on 'em in magic marker, BALLER STATUS.

Not a single cookie logo in sight. Clearly, there's more excavating left to be done.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for throwing me this bone, Spoo...

Now I'll only feel half-bad about exposing you to part one of MY AWESOME CLOSET THRIFTING ADVENTURE!!!!

Onto the pics, gentleman....

Quickly now. I hear a stirring downstairs, and I believe that Past Me is beginning to suspect something --

GooniesMyDream.jpg

Here are some of the various labels I unearthed. I'll spare you the buckets of pony items for now (though to me, those are pretty awesome, too). My brother absconded with the remaining flag sweatshirt, but the other two still got my name on 'em in magic marker, BALLER STATUS.

Not a single cookie logo in sight. Clearly, there's more excavating left to be done.

hooooooly god!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No love for Pawn Stars?
Love the pickers...im gonna let you in or something there are also two Canadian Pickers.true look it up.
I love how Mike always seems to be a poet at heart and Frank just wants to get home to h's cat

A show I dig is Down East Dickering...set in Maine and it can be interesting what these guys come up with. Pawn Stars I got tired of but still end up watching when nothing else is on. Thankfully that Thrift Kings or whatever it was called show never found traction. And we know Storage Wars was pretty much all scripted and barely real so no point watching except for Brandi's...assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads