• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread first?

Cotton/Cashmere Jedi swag.
devil.gif
You thrifted Damir Doma at true thrift? That's fuckin nuts. That's Attolini level rare.

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure of the quality of Cuci shoes. Good kop for 48EUR?

(please Spoo do not look those photos
satisfied.gif
)

edit : size 41 for those who might be interested

Whoa Whoa Whoa

We have a standard no feet in the damn pictures policy here.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa Whoa

We have a standard no feet in the damn pictures policy here.
yeah that's why Spoo shouldn't see those pictures, he's horrified by those ;D

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know it?

At the price i paid, yeah. i'd call it a true thrift.
satisfied.gif
Yea very familiar with Damir Doma, or pronounced Dahm-yare Doe-Ma. Really Avant Garde stuff. He's based and production is in Paris, a lot like Rick Owens, just way less circulation and availability, especially in the US, it is extremely limited. Barneys might have carried it for a minute, I don't think the stuff translates that well to the US market and doesn't have the name recognition that Rick Owens does. I actually know of one store that carries it in all of LA and there's probably a spot or two in NY, but besides that, I think that's it. That's a solid find.

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this for real?  This is definitely something I was not aware of.  Old Polo Sweatshirts like this are worth serious money?  I know I sound like a newbie, so forgive me.  But, I'm serious I had no idea.  I swear I have seen sweatshirts like this before.   Is there something about this one that makes it very special and makes the others I have seen worth nothing?  

the sweaters are valuable, but when you find them and list em for crazy prices the people who want them get mad and won't buy it lol. Folk's who collect these sweaters are part of a subculture that looks upon outsiders trying to find polo and sell it to them at **** prices as "vultures". The reasoning behind it is there is no real solid value there, just whatever someone is willing to pay to get back something they once had, The value of that sweater really is whatever someone is willing to pay for the particular color and size you have at the moment. Example, someone had the red and blue but needs white, they might be willing to pay more. So what happens is when one shows up to bid it can go high if the collectors are watching and bid against each other. Thing is, it can backfire, I watched that sweater in the striped version go for less than 100$ when nobody paid attention. Keep in mind the only things 500$+ RL are going to be XL 92 stadium joints or a cross flag anniversary blow ups and you are not going to find these easy. I hardly find em and im a vacuum for polo

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the sweaters are valuable, but when you find them and list em for crazy prices the people who want them get mad and won't buy it lol. Folk's who collect these sweaters are part of a subculture that looks upon outsiders trying to find polo and sell it to them at **** prices as "vultures". The reasoning behind it is there is no real solid value there, just whatever someone is willing to pay to get back something they once had, The value of that sweater really is whatever someone is willing to pay for the particular color and size you have at the moment. Example, someone had the red and blue but needs white, they might be willing to pay more. So what happens is when one shows up to bid it can go high if the collectors are watching and bid against each other. Thing is, it can backfire, I watched that sweater in the striped version go for less than 100$ when nobody paid attention. Keep in mind the only things 500$+ RL are going to be XL 92 stadium joints or a cross flag anniversary blow ups and you are not going to find these easy. I hardly find em and im a vacuum for polo
I have always been intrigued by the subculture that is POLO and why there are so many LO-heads. Some people are so loyal to Ralph, only buying his stuff. It's fascinating. I wonder what the root is? Play, care to expand a little? I know people see POLO and they go crazy, but as you mentioned, only select things bring money, and again, it's what someone will pay.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always been intrigued by the subculture that is POLO and why there are so many LO-heads. Some people are so loyal to Ralph, only buying his stuff. It's fascinating. I wonder what the root is? Play, care to expand a little? I know people see POLO and they go crazy, but as you mentioned, only select things bring money, and again, it's what someone will pay.
I could be wrong but I think a lot of the Lo' Heads and those who are brand loyal can actually date back to the 80s in New York. There was a gang called the Lo Lifes that strictly wore Polo and if they caught you rockin Polo, they'd snatch that **** right off your back. They were a legit gang and I think that inspired the early to mid 90's rapper loyalty to the brand, that I believe helped spawn at least part of the subculture.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cole Haan 'Benchmade in England'
Who makes these beauties?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could be wrong but I think a lot of the Lo' Heads and those who are brand loyal can actually date back to the 80s in New York. There was a gang called the Lo Lifes that strictly wore Polo and if they caught you rockin Polo, they'd snatch that **** right off your back. They were a legit gang and I think that inspired the early to mid 90's rapper loyalty to the brand, that I believe helped spawn at least part of the subculture. 

NOOOOO, LO-LIFES NOT A GANG, DONT SAY THAT! MIS- INFO
Its a complicated subject, gimme a minute to ask some folks some stuff and type up the history lesson....

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOOOOO, LO-LIFES NOT A GANG, DONT SAY THAT! MIS- INFO
Its a complicated subject, gimme a minute to ask some folks some stuff and type up the history lesson....
I mean we can take it outside the thread if need be, but I figure you're as good as any so if others don't mind, preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads