• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djan

Reaction score
Comparison between real and replica blush Achilles lows from some reddit thread http://imgur.com/a/XSbh0 Maybe this helps?

I think the toe box looks wider than in 1528 models. Could be the shoe tree though. After seeing more pics, I'd still say fakes. Stamp looks about the same as in replicas.

Last edited:

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Those are some dam good reps. Vamp is slightly wider and toebox slightly more bulbous though. The major difference is the side profile of the sole - gap between the textured toe panel and the top edge of the sole unit is too wide (not an issue with the pair in question). The heel panel on the sole also looks much thicker in the rep - maybe a close up of this is what we need?. I do notice the heel tab is very square in the real pair, my whites are actually pretty rounded.

LI8Sueu.jpg

Last edited:

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new colors for CP. violet???? and cadet blue. and some greenish jade like Sky grey in their tennis shoe/tournament high model..

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparison between real and replica blush Achilles lows from some reddit thread http://imgur.com/a/XSbh0 Maybe this helps?

I think the toe box looks wider than in 1528 models. Could be the shoe tree though. After seeing more pics, I'd still say fakes. Stamp looks about the same as in replicas.

I thought the replicas were real and the real were replicas

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah.. pretty obvious to me in this comparison pics personally. The fakes are getting very good, but they just can't perfect that sleek impeccable design. All the more reason to buy from a retailer rather than secondhand

Gordoo

Reaction score
Okay, an update to my Common Projects for those who may purchase second hand in the near future - my pair has been confirmed to be fake by someone at Common Project. I emailed them, and was told they were indeed fake.

Gordoo

Reaction score
No, but I recently purchased a pair off of Mr. Porter, and I can confirm that they feel different. The back heel tab is sharper and rectangular on the real pair, the fake looks rounder overall. The numbers on the fake are also heavily indented into the leather, and looks more gold - the real pair is more rose gold (as someone in here stated before) and more stamped on than indented. The toebox on the fake pair is also rounder whilst on a real pair, it is definitely sharper, pointier, if you will. The stitching is also off as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
and so ends the great faux cp debacle of 2018

ps. the rear heel stitch and ankle padding looked off to me

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I'm actually more surprised you were able to actually get in touch with someone at CP...their customer service is just nonexistent

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked these up from End recently (achilles premium) and noticed this below the insoles:

is this normal? should i cut off the excess thread?

View attachment 936520

View attachment 936521

That's interesting. They may do that on purpose, but it looks like it's knotted, so it appears as though you could cut it off without issue. Although, if it's not bothering you, I'd probably just leave it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sals